What do you call the white stuff around an orange or grapefruit?

Hey there, I was wondering, what do you call the white stuff around an orange or grapefruit? Seriously. I know its got to have a name, just wondering if anyone could help. (then I'll be able to sleep! :)

Thanks Eric

Reply to
eric.mazer

Pith works for me.

Reply to
Travis M.

It's called pith.

Jacqui

Reply to
Chris and Jacqui

The albedo.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

"Chris and Jacqui" wrote in news:81bba$45e95c3c$cf704776 $ snipped-for-privacy@PRIMUS.CA:

And the peel part is called the zest. (Hey! It's the only word I knew!)

Reply to
FragileWarrior

It is the portion of the pericarp called the mesocarp.

Reply to
beecrofter

Now you are just taking the pith

David