Walmart Find

Walked into Walmart last night and just inside found a $1.00 bin full of D affodils, Crocus and Tulips. Packages of 9 and 18. I am not sure where I am gong to plant them as I planted 48 Daffodils earlier this week. I just co uld not pass them up. Any other fall finds out there? MJ
On 11/15/2013 4:41 AM, mj wrote:

I never buy plants at a lumber yard or hardware store. In any case, it's a bit late to plant spring bulbs in my area.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

They're the same packaged bulbs sold everywhere only for a lot more money than the big box stores.

Hurry up and plant them, here in upstate NY the ground is already too frozen.
On Friday, November 15, 2013 12:42:46 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Up State New York is where I learned to love spring bulbs. The first crocus meant it might soon be warm. Where are you upstate? MJ

The capitol region.
mj wrote:

so far just several cases of canning jars for free. :)
i avoid buying these types of plants/bulbs as they often are not stored in anything even close to decent conditions. examining them often finds dried or damaged bulbs. some may grow out ok, but those that are dried up too much won't do much other than be a source of organic material for the soil critters.
if your ground doesn't freeze deeply you should be ok planting winter bulbs up until the end of December (but for best growth it is better to plant them earlier).
songbird
On Friday, November 15, 2013 2:01:16 PM UTC-5, songbird wrote:

Even at that I had to buy those poor little things for a dollar. The ground here doesn't freeze here until January and then barely. I will get them in soon
On Friday, November 15, 2013 11:07:49 AM UTC-8, mj wrote:

Err...I respect your empathy for "those poor little things" and I hope they bloom up a storm come Spring.
But I don't buy in Walmart because of their horrible reputation about treating personnel like s**t. I guess I'll just keeping buying at the nabe nursery where they know their *** from their elbow.
HB
On 11/15/2013 2:18 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

I suspect you no longer go to Walmart after your picture of people shopping at Walmart was posted ;)
Higgs Boson wrote:

Then find better employment than cleaning Walmart's toilets.
On Saturday, November 16, 2013 6:08:42 AM UTC-8, Frank wrote:

Who you talkin' to, boy? I ain't didn't post no pikchure about peeple chopping at Walmart!
HB

Our on again, off again lib-er-al seems to have it right this time.
The global retailer is a "net job destroyer" when it arrives in communities.
"One of the tactics of Wal-Mart is to suck jobs out of a community. For every job gained, 1.4 jobs are lost." - Ex-Clinton Labor Secretary Robert Reich <http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20130225/ARTICLES/130229682
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/