Topsy-turvy's

I've got 2 topsy-turvy hanging planters that I've been growing tomatoes in for a couple of seasons. The first year the tomatoes did good, but the second year, not so good despite making sure the soil was replenished with organic fertilizer. I thought this year I would experiment and plant something else in the from the top vs. planting from the bottom of the topsy-turvy.
Has anyone ever tried planting squash or zuchinni vines in a topsy-turvy?
--
Natural Girl

Natural Girl wrote:

They would be far too big and hang down too much.