Systemic pesticide for roses

Page 2 of 5  
wrote:

You're over the edge and into fanaticism, not even to mention taking this entire topic 12 ways to Sunday in different directions, each of which seems to serve some political agenda. Really, this is one load of over-ripe manure and not one that will benefit any plants.
I have a great idea. Go outside and play in the dirt.
Boron
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Over the edge of what and what is 12 ways to sunday ?
Incoherent but perhaps it sort of strikes a chord and potential whirls about.
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I'm afraid all the facts have put the troglodytes into bunker mode. If they don't understand it, they think it's an attack. I think Boron missed the point about the ecological foot print and since the west consumes the majority of the power in the world, a quarter of the worlds energy. That is a very large denominator and will give a small ratio when "life expectancy and life satisfaction/ecological foot print" is computed. But it is very sobering to see France listed near the bottom, for the same reason as the USA. Would I want to be a Columbian because I would know that I had a small ecological foot print? I don't think I'm ready for sainthood yet.
A more familar table of quality of life can be found at http://www.il-ireland.com/il/qofl2008/ but this doesn't include the cost to the planet. It doesn't reflect sustainability and sustainability was what we were talking about. The fact that there are areas of the world that are inhospitable to humanity, is besides the point. The point is can humanity continue to be inhospitable to the planet?
Good, thought-provoking site. Thanks.
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
see Organization header <""nobody\"@nowhere.not (see Organization header)"> wrote:

So we presume that extends to grubs and worms, and nematodes and protozoa, and bacteria and fungi, and non-crop plants? The though of amelioration never crossed your mind? Just adding to the pollution?
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

It should work, follow directions. Roses can require heavy maintenance so I have only three Don Juan climbers, planted in 1994. Perhaps keeping my roses toxic have kept the deer from eating them <sigh>.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Bayer.....patoooie and effem. Baby and bee killing bastids. I worked for those effers for four years in the late seventies and early eighties, (and am still ashamed to admit to being a Magic Christian during that period) and they dealt death. Worse now.

Then your processes and understanding were/are flawed.

Less more, less more....."Better Things for Better Living...Through Chemistry." DuPont (and dow and monsatano and on and on)
You don't just substitute organic "stuff" for deadly stuff to achieve health and balance.
Your understanding of soil health and organic is lacking.

FKN bullshit. You don't understand organic and/or soil health.
How old are you? When was your grand-dad "farming"?
Educate yourself. Make a commitment to planetary health and view your prcesses in that light. I'm fkn sick of excuses like, I grow stuff that shouldn't be grown here, so I gotta use poison, or it's too much work and expense to grow safe and healthy food. Gawd, the list goes on and on and on......ad nauseum.
What the hell is wrong with all you chemical-head ignoramuses?
Charlie
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
<Charlie> wrote in message

Another ignorant fanatic heard from!
If it were not for those dangerous chemicals, as you like to call them, there would be even more millions of people starving. than there are now.
Most, if not all, of the medicines used to combat illnesses and ailments are dangerous, but we still take them. I guess you refrain from taking such medicines because of their harm to the environment. Ha
Maybe you think organic farmers can supply enough food to feed the world. How ignorant!
Besides, this is a gardening newsgroup, not an organic only group. If you don't like what you read here, go elsewhere and stick your head in the sand there.
In other words get lost asshole!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Hardly ignorant. Fanatic? No. A fanatic is one who is unreasoning in their zeal for a "cause". I think that more aptly describes those of your ilk. Unreasoning is the keyword here, kid.

How many people do you think this planet can support and in what condition?

Uh, I refrain from taking medicines because of their harm to *me*...and yes the environment, as well.
Have you read anything about the contamination of ground water with all these wonderful medicines that people are pissing out by the tons?

Uh, yeah....try a little study and research and find the truth of the matter for yourself. Others much smarter than the both of us disagree with you.

Guess you are new around here. School out for the summer?
I might suggest that you, and the other chemical-heads, *remove* your heads from the orfice in which they reside.

And your response shows what an ignorant, unread youngster you are.
Go study.
Charlie
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Ah, another Monsanto acolyte comes out of the closet spewing the company line. So, if what you say is true, then you should be able to give us some web sites that support, what you will find is a totally flawed, contention. There may be, on occasion, a use for some pesticide or chemfert but I've never encountered it. A sane person would go organic and IPM first.
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

be embarrassing for you but the UC IPM suggests Biological Control, Cultural Control, and Physical Control before they mention Chemical Control. But then, as we've seen, this is only to protect the plant from cosmetic damage. You know, you might be better off giving your lemon trees a little fish emulsion instead. Too bad you won't read this sage advice.
Now, are you truly gone?
Oh yes, I'm the great pretender Pretending that I'm doing well My need is such; I pretend too much I'm lonely but no one can tell.
Oh yes, I'm the great pretender A drift in a world of my own I play the game; but to my real shame You've let me to dream all alone.
Too real is this feeling of make believe Too real when I feel what my heart can't conceal.
Oh yes I'm the great pretender Just laughing and gay like a clown I seem to be what I'm not; you see I'm wearing my heart like a crown Pretending that you're still around.
Too real is this feeling of make believe Too real when I feel what my heart can't conceal
Yes I'm the great pretender Just laughing and gay like a clown I seem to be what I'm not you see I'm wearing my heart like a crown Pretending that I'm not a clown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtXnUEW_OXw


--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On May 6, 10:36pm, Charlie wrote:

Heh... guess who invented heroin.
They meant well enough, I guess.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"Freckles" wrote

Why are you asking someone who thinks *intact* is two words, knows to spell *Fuck*, thinks others are *moronic*, and can't properly construct a sentence?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That was a mistake, wasn't it?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

It always is when your talking to Shelly.
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Shelly, did you mean to say,"knows [how] to spell "fuck", yada, yada, and can't properly construct a sentence?
Looks like you could do with a little remedial tune-up your self, mister-let-me-throw-the-first-stone.
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
see Organization header <""nobody\"@nowhere.not (see Organization header)"> wrote:

Got your excuse all memorized, huh?
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/7/2009 1:46 PM, Billy wrote:

I don't need to memorize facts. I can look them up. Excuses -- like lies -- have to be memorized.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

And that has what to do with poisoning the biosphere? No, your not going to grow vegetable in the Utah Salt Flats but that's no reason to consider poisoning the area further. It's not just about YOU, Dave. It's about the planet, and topsoil, and the survival of homo sapiens.
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

The question is do you think at all?
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Fact out of context, designed to mislead. You really are scum.
In oncology, the aim is to kill fast growing cells to save the organism. In the biosphere, the aim is to protect the biosphere because it nourishes (saves) the organisms.
You would have us rest our agriculture on petroleum products which seriously damage the soils ability to feed us. The less topsoil there is the more chemferts that need to be added to the fields. When there is no more topsoil, there will be no more food.
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.