Systemic pesticide for roses

You're right. People kill people.

Reply to
Billy

It should work, follow directions. Roses can require heavy maintenance so I have only three Don Juan climbers, planted in 1994. Perhaps keeping my roses toxic have kept the deer from eating them .

Reply to
Phisherman

Kate, you are extra fortunate to have garlic that works. I have a row of garlic in front of my roses, it dies to the ground in June but comes back in January. It is the companion plant. It does nothing to stop the aphids, not sure about deer or vampires though.

Reply to
Phisherman

Bayer.....patoooie and effem. Baby and bee killing bastids. I worked for those effers for four years in the late seventies and early eighties, (and am still ashamed to admit to being a Magic Christian during that period) and they dealt death. Worse now.

Then your processes and understanding were/are flawed.

Less more, less more....."Better Things for Better Living...Through Chemistry." DuPont (and dow and monsatano and on and on)

You don't just substitute organic "stuff" for deadly stuff to achieve health and balance.

Your understanding of soil health and organic is lacking.

FKN bullshit. You don't understand organic and/or soil health.

How old are you? When was your grand-dad "farming"?

Educate yourself. Make a commitment to planetary health and view your prcesses in that light. I'm fkn sick of excuses like, I grow stuff that shouldn't be grown here, so I gotta use poison, or it's too much work and expense to grow safe and healthy food. Gawd, the list goes on and on and on......ad nauseum.

What the hell is wrong with all you chemical-head ignoramuses?

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Thanks for supporting a company that is poisoning my grandchildren and the pollinators and a lot of other living things.

For Eff's sake......putting them in the water supply doesn't scare you?

Educate yourself, and/or quit trying to grow stuff that perhaps shouldn't be grown. Damn.

Reply to
Charlie

Another ignorant fanatic heard from!

If it were not for those dangerous chemicals, as you like to call them, there would be even more millions of people starving. than there are now.

Most, if not all, of the medicines used to combat illnesses and ailments are dangerous, but we still take them. I guess you refrain from taking such medicines because of their harm to the environment. Ha

Maybe you think organic farmers can supply enough food to feed the world. How ignorant!

Besides, this is a gardening newsgroup, not an organic only group. If you don't like what you read here, go elsewhere and stick your head in the sand there.

In other words get lost asshole!

Reply to
Freckles

Hardly ignorant. Fanatic? No. A fanatic is one who is unreasoning in their zeal for a "cause". I think that more aptly describes those of your ilk. Unreasoning is the keyword here, kid.

How many people do you think this planet can support and in what condition?

Uh, I refrain from taking medicines because of their harm to

*me*...and yes the environment, as well.

Have you read anything about the contamination of ground water with all these wonderful medicines that people are pissing out by the tons?

Uh, yeah....try a little study and research and find the truth of the matter for yourself. Others much smarter than the both of us disagree with you.

Guess you are new around here. School out for the summer?

I might suggest that you, and the other chemical-heads, *remove* your heads from the orfice in which they reside.

And your response shows what an ignorant, unread youngster you are.

Go study.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

They may supply free fertilizer, but you won't have anything to fertilize.

Reply to
Sheila

A 5 wire electric fence finally fixed the problem.

Reply to
Sheila

If you think you have a problen with Bayer and their products complain to your congressmen and Senators.

Reply to
Freckles

I use Bayer's granular Rose & Flower Care so that I can spread it over much of each plant's root zone. I dig it in so that passing birds won't think it's gravel for their digestion.

When you use spikes, be sure to focus your watering in an area around each spike. Don't over-water. While roses like a lot of water, they don't like a soggy soil.

Reply to
see Organization header

About 25 years ago I lived in Culver City, California.

I had a rose garden with about a dozen T roses. They grew beautifully and I never had to use any pesticides or anything else except for an occasional dose of fertilizer. Texas is a different story.

Reply to
Freckles

Nah, I don't *think* I have a problem with Bayer and their products, I

*do* have a problem with them. Been complaining to representatives for years and you see where we are.

Listen kid, you need to educate yourself about the political and economic wonders of the U$ and the world, as well as several other subjects.

You know anything about the history of Bayer, their products, their financial and political ties, yada yada? I doubt it.

Hmmm...now that you mention it, should I start writing my congresscritters about the condition of education and independent thinking in the U$?

Now, get off the damned Usenet and go resume your studies, kid.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Thanks for calling me kid, but since I'm 71 I don't think the shoe fits. I also have an extensive education including academics and personal experiences.

I wonder how much better off we would all be if fanatics like your self would quit disrupting scientist and let them conduct humane experiments on animals. Perhaps they could find cures for many horrible diseases and even find products that could replace some of the "dangerous" chemicals you seem so concerned about.

But a fanatic is a fanatic no matter their cause.

Reply to
Freckles

Uh, yeah....ok, if you say so. I guess I wasn't able to glean that from your, uh, responses.

Thank you for providing this key to understanding more about from whence you cometh. I'm even less impressed now.

See previous response for qualifiers for fanatic....uncritical, unreasoning......

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Ignorance kills people. And greed.

He is concerned about *his* tortoise, doesn't want to poison it with toxins, but has no concerns about systemically poisoning children via the groundwater, etc.

Typical. All about me and mine, who gives a shit about them. Feh!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Was I trying to impress you? Why? You are an ignorant twit.

Reply to
Freckles

As I already wrote, NATURAL minerals have made the ground water in this area naturally toxic. It is unfit for irrigating crops, let alone drinking by humans or animals.

Reply to
see Organization header

"Freckles" wrote

Why are you asking someone who thinks *intact* is two words, knows to spell

*Fuck*, thinks others are *moronic*, and can't properly construct a sentence?
Reply to
brooklyn1

That was a mistake, wasn't it?

Reply to