Systemic pesticide for roses

I only wish they'd eat more and faster, I'd have less to mow.

And this is about as organic as it gets:

don't know... nothing to fertilize... looks mighty green to me:
I can plant whatever I want and do, just not what the critters like where they can get to it... do you leave big bowls of M&Ms out where your obese kids can get to it, jugs of booze where your alkie hubby can get to it, would you leave tonight's burgers out where your dog can get to it... of course not, and only an idiot would plant deer's favorite greenery within their easy access. And if you don't like the deer you should have stayed in your inner city tenement appartment, the muggers wouldn't bother your potted fern.

Reply to
brooklyn1

Which minerals are causing the toxicity and is their source naturally occuring or a result of man's activity?

Reply to
Charlie

Sorry, I never lived in an inner city tenement apartment, did you?

It looks to me like you have to have fences around what you plant too, at least we don't have to fence our new trees.

Reply to
Sheila

I circle the roses with garlic and then try to remember not to weed them out in the Spring. The wild roses I didn't and one is eaten up, the other ok and closest to the garlic.

Off I go to gather plantain and then mow - it's not raining today!

Happy gardening!

Kate

Reply to
kate

Depends on the tree and its size... fruit trees, whether ornamental or not, are at greater risk... but after like five years the saplings grow tall enough that the fences can be removed. I don't mind the fences, if it's something I want to grow and don't want eaten by critters then I fence... there'd be no way for me to have a vegetable garden otherwise. And still there are the birds, so I also net. I'm not into conservatory gardening.

Reply to
brooklyn1

Mostly NATURAL sufites and sulfates. (How many times do I have to say that they occur naturally?) There are also nodules of phosphate that explode spontaneously.

When schools were built in my community, the grading contractor had to dig down about 5 ft and haul away the native soil. Then, he had to bring in soil from elsewhere to fill the holes. It was considered unsafe to build a school on the native soil.

During a drought about 20 years ago, it was suggested to augment our water supply (imported from northern California) with well water. Even mixing only 1 part well water with 9 parts imported water would yield a witch's brew that could not be used for drinking.

Not all toxics in our environment are the result of human activity.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Ah, another Monsanto acolyte comes out of the closet spewing the company line. So, if what you say is true, then you should be able to give us some web sites that support, what you will find is a totally flawed, contention. There may be, on occasion, a use for some pesticide or chemfert but I've never encountered it. A sane person would go organic and IPM first.

Reply to
Billy

So we presume that extends to grubs and worms, and nematodes and protozoa, and bacteria and fungi, and non-crop plants? The though of amelioration never crossed your mind? Just adding to the pollution?

Reply to
Billy

Got your excuse all memorized, huh?

Reply to
Billy

The question is do you think at all?

Reply to
Billy

Shelly, did you mean to say,"knows [how] to spell "f*ck", yada, yada, and can't properly construct a sentence?

Looks like you could do with a little remedial tune-up your self, mister-let-me-throw-the-first-stone.

Reply to
Billy

It always is when your talking to Shelly.

Reply to
Billy

Fact out of context, designed to mislead. You really are scum.

In oncology, the aim is to kill fast growing cells to save the organism. In the biosphere, the aim is to protect the biosphere because it nourishes (saves) the organisms.

You would have us rest our agriculture on petroleum products which seriously damage the soils ability to feed us. The less topsoil there is the more chemferts that need to be added to the fields. When there is no more topsoil, there will be no more food.

Reply to
Billy

I know where you could stick it and protect the environment at the same time.

Reply to
Billy

Could we have a citation on that? And what did you think that people do in gardening groups?

Reply to
Billy

It is often said that a word to the wise is sufficient, but that leaves you out. No, the best way to deal with Bayer, Monsanto, Dow, et al. is to stop buying their products. Your obviously not intelligent enough to learn but others are. Why do you think the first family is going "ORGANIC"? So we organic types will proselytize and spread our word, and maybe that will give dullards, like yourself, a chance to reconsider.

Reply to
Billy

Aw jeez, another blowhard (academics and personal experiences).

So if your so smart, why don't you respond to the discussion of the environmental impact of biocides on the environment, instead of obfuscating by bring up another subject? What is it, alzheimer's?

Reply to
Billy

Uh, humans are animals ya know. How much more could we learn experimenting on, uh, let's say humans that defile the environment? You'll have to admit, it would be no great loss.

If those chemicals come from Monsanto or Dow, they don't need to be replaced, they need to be terminated. Why is it that a self professed smart guy like you doesn't seem to know squat about IPM?

"Extremism in the defense of liberty "Is" no vice...and moderation in the pursuit of justice "Is" no virtue."

Reply to
Billy

Upon what do you base that evaluation? Can you give a citation, if you have no logical answer?

Reply to
Billy

Ah, but how do we know you got it right? What with your advanced age and all.

Hmmm? Maybe you're just irritated that soon, you'll be shuffling off this mortal coil, and you hate to think that anyone is going to have a good time when you're gone. That would explain your desire to see biocides splashed everywhere.

Reply to
Billy