Re: Trouble starting new Husqvarna 350 chainsaw

Personally, all I've ever had is Husqvarnas and I've been well satisfied. I've also always bought from a local guy who's a good mechanic. That way, if I've got a problem it's his problem. If yours is new it oughtta be under warranty and you should be able to get it serviced free. Didn't you get an instruction manual with the saw? I thought they all came with one.
Chris A. Epler wrote:

> unable

> had

> and

> w/choke,

If its a new saw there is no need to clean the carb with carb cleaner. Actually using carb cleaner, and especially starting fluid is one fast way to ruin a 2 cycle engine, as they both will readily make a gas engine fire off if it lacks fuel source, but they do not contain any form of lube which will kill a 2 stroke engine pretty quickly. Lube is the 2 cycle engines lifeline, and a lack of it will lead to its death.
Have you actually followed the instructions in the manual to the letter?
I have a few Husky saws, and no matter how long they set will always fire off within 3 pulls at max.
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 01:21:18 GMT, David Burtle

-- Visit my website: Remove nospam for correct address http://www.nospamfrugalmachinist.com snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects. Regards Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever. Remove nospam from email address
David Burtle wrote:

Hello Chris this is Dave in Virginia who also bought a Husqvarna 350 and had the same trouble. I purchased the chainsaw to cut up trees which came down with ISABEL.
After spending the weekend pulling on the cord I called Husqvarner technical suppurt at 800-448-7543. The guy was quite helpful and advised: When you first pull on the cord have the choke out and the decompression in. At the first sign of a pop or firing push choke in but DO NOT touch the throttle as this will take the saw out of fast idle. He said the saw is touchy to start as it runs so lean to comply with California anti emission regulations. I did this and it started fine tonight. Of course I also fitted a Champion EZ start plug type 5843 which is listed by Champion as an option for this saw. When I have run it at bit I will put the NGK plug back in and see if it's still ok.