Re: cat problem ....PLEASE HELP !!??

Page 1 of 2
I have heard that sinking plastic forks handle first around our garden will work. Make sure the tines are up. Sounds like it might work if you put enough of them in there. Good Luck Anna
| We've just began getting our garden into shape , seeding/weeding etc... | | Problem is, every morning we go outside & have to shovel up several fresh | cat turds. The woman next door has about half a dozen of the little vermin | ..... & being as her garden ( our our neighbour on the OTHER side) is | completely concreted over ..... her pests use our soil as a kitty litter. | | We have high walls ( 6ft) all around & I've even gone to the trouble of | coating them with an oily, black "non-drying" paint, knowing what vain | creatures cat's are ... but still they get in, somehow. | | I've tried the various pellets, sprays & gels .... at some cost AND all to | no avail. I searched on the 'net & have seen a "cat-scarer" ( emits high | frequency noise, triggered by a P.I.R. sensor ) ..... it seems a bit | expensive, but I wondered if anyone else (here) may have one & can recommend | it as money well spent ? | | ...... seriously, now, considering getting an air-rifle & sitting up all | night waiting to shoot the little b*stards ! | | Any help/advice greatly appreciated. | | Cheers ! | |
More than likely your community has ordinances regarding loose pets, especially stray dogs & cats. If I were in the same boat, I'd purchase (or rent?) a "live trap" and catch the pesty felines with a bunch of canned tuna. Then after trapping them, I'd take them to the local humane shelter as a "stray" cat. Your neighbors will soon be catless.
Skyhooks hmardis "aht" uiuc "daught" edu
"reply to" address munged -- read line above for correct addy.
not happy wrote:

have a good time in Hello
http://groups.msn.com/AmandasDomain/webpagethings.msnw ? action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID%6

Skyhooks,
Although I like cats & dogs ...... I DETEST SMELLY, PLANT KILLING, CAT SHIT .. all over our newly turned soil, on a DAILY basis & I would have no remorse/regrets about trapping & killing the fouling vermin.
However, unfortunately, here in England ....... animals have MORE *rights* than human beings !
Thanks anyway.
Addendum .... Bush victory .... & somebody PLEASE asassinate Phoney Blair .... PLEASE !!
Let's see a victory for RIGHT minded people. ( Ooops ! .... off-topic ?)
We're quite willing to share all the Iraqi oil with the USA ..... but we do NOT need a dickhead, illegal-immigrant loving, liberal, communist like Tony Bliar . That's B.L.I.A.R.
Intelligent .. ? Check out www.bnp.org.uk

Funny how yokels that whine about human rights have no concept of human responsibilities.
If you want Tony Blair assassinated, why don't you do it yourself? No need to beggar God to do your dirty work for you.
Cat shit is God's way of saying "You're not very special to me anymore"

vermin
recommend
Many are extoling the efficacy of cocoa shell to control stray cats. It is very harmful to dogs though. Do a google search.
Fito
When this problem came up "Yet again" on uk.rec.gardening One very good idea was to put in a small sand pit/box about 3 or 4 ft square for the cats to use, they will go to it rather than the soil as long as it is kept clean. You could suggest this to your neighbour, otherwise put on in in your garden where the cats will find it easily, whilst you will still have mess to clear, it will be in one place and they wont be damaging the rest of the garden.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

and gradually move the box closer and closer to the offices of your local animal control agency :-)
whilst you will still have

i've heard of ant lions that build funnel traps in sandy soil. are there also cat lions? :-)

And then take a long shovel and flip the cat turds back over the fence. Extra points if you can get them in an open window... Or stuck to the owner's walls.
Ed Clarke wrote:

Ooooo Were you watching when i did that ?
I'm lucky enough to have a neighbor that shoots cats with his pellet gun when they attempt to attack the birds at the feeder station. I don't believe in having guns, but I grow the herb rue and cut off the tops and spread it over the area to protect. Cats hate the smell of rue--and I do too! The motion detector sprinklers would probably be very effective deterrent and probably much less expensive than having a dog.
On Tue, 18 May 2004 21:28:04 +0100, "not happy"

Not very auspicious a thing to say or feel lucky about. Oh well.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH spring comes and fresh problems with cat turds. College must almost be out for the semester..............<g>
madgardener

vermin
recommend

Meaning what ?
I went to college , over 20 years ago ......... what the f*ck is a "semester" ?
BTW .... greetings to all, from South Yorkshire.
Yeah, I would say either use a motion sensor on your sprinklers or do the sandbox thing. Or report your neighbors to the local animal control office.
[...]

I might try laying down some chicken wire over the preferred places as an experiment.......

When I moved into my house, the "gardens" were covered with a layer of lava rock. It was not a deterrent for the cats. They'd just do their business right on top. I live in a culdesac. I don't have any roaming pets, but between all the nieghbors, I've counted about ten cats outside and a few dogs. What's funny is the cats don't bother the birds, and the dogs don't bother the cats, but boy, it's funny to see the cats and squirrels chase each other around over fences and up trees.

someone in your area has bred cat-eating squirrels? :-)

Don't know, but it is quite funny. None of them eat the other, but chase nontheless (maybe it has something to do with territory). I cheer when the squirrel gets the better of the cat.
On Wed, 19 May 2004 22:55:54 -0600, "tmtresh"

I'd want a herd of Maine Coon Cats to eat the squirrels.. man I hate squirrels like y'all seem to hate cats LOL