Problem with sleepers

A few years ago we landscaped our garden and used old sleepers for a wall (4 high). Since then we've had a little boy and now realised that it wasn't the most 'child-friendly' wall. Every time he sits or walks on it he gets splinters; hence we have a problem. We were thinking of covering them with some kind of screening but I'm not sure which would be best. Obviously something like artifical grass would be ideal in terms of softness but it would look silly. I was thinking of possibly heather, willow or thatch screening but can't get to feel them to see if they are soft enough or whether they also produce splinters. Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks
--
Mandyw

Mandyw@gardenbanana wrote:

How old is this little boy.... perhaps have him wear shoes and a thicker nappy. LOL-LOL
On 7/2/2012 3:21 PM, Mandyw wrote:

sludge that US railroad "ties" are treated with? If so, there might be an argument made for removing them entirely. That certainly would get rid of the splinter problem.

Yes, creosote (tar derivative.)
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 19:21:54 +0000, Mandyw wrote:

What is a "sleeper"?
--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Travis wrote:

Are you incapable of using a dictionary, or instead prefer to demonstrate to the entire world how you're as ignorant as a piece of lumber... um, don't scratch your head, you'll get splinters. LOL
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sleeper
On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 15:44:04 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Yes, I am ignorant. Thank you.
--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

That recognition for most people is the beginning of wisdom, but not in Brooklyn's/Shelly's case. If he didn't get negative attention for his misogyny, and the rudeness of his potty-mouth, he wouldn't get any attention at all. Do like most of us, and kill file the SOB. It will save time, and aggravation uselessly wasted on him..
--
E Pluribus Unum

Know where your money is tonight?
On 7/3/2012 3:01 PM, Travis wrote: