Problem with sleepers

A few years ago we landscaped our garden and used old sleepers for a wall (4 high). Since then we've had a little boy and now realised that it wasn't the most 'child-friendly' wall. Every time he sits or walks on it he gets splinters; hence we have a problem. We were thinking of covering them with some kind of screening but I'm not sure which would be best. Obviously something like artifical grass would be ideal in terms of softness but it would look silly. I was thinking of possibly heather, willow or thatch screening but can't get to feel them to see if they are soft enough or whether they also produce splinters. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Reply to
Mandyw

How old is this little boy.... perhaps have him wear shoes and a thicker nappy. LOL-LOL

Reply to
Brooklyn1

Are UK "sleepers" treated with the same sort of nasty possibly-carcinogenic sludge that US railroad "ties" are treated with? If so, there might be an argument made for removing them entirely. That certainly would get rid of the splinter problem.

Reply to
John McGaw

What is a "sleeper"?

Reply to
Travis

Are you incapable of using a dictionary, or instead prefer to demonstrate to the entire world how you're as ignorant as a piece of lumber... um, don't scratch your head, you'll get splinters. LOL

Brooklyn1

sleeper = railroad tie

Reply to
John McGaw

Yes, creosote (tar derivative.)

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Reply to
Travis

That recognition for most people is the beginning of wisdom, but not in Brooklyn's/Shelly's case. If he didn't get negative attention for his misogyny, and the rudeness of his potty-mouth, he wouldn't get any attention at all. Do like most of us, and kill file the SOB. It will save time, and aggravation uselessly wasted on him..

Reply to
Billy