Plant identification

Hi, this is my first post here. I was hoping someone could identify the two flowers shown in the attached pics. I think I have seen both in the Gardeners' World tv show garden. I have asked the same question there but thus far no reply. Thanks in advance,
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: IMG_0828ss.jpg | |Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid 499| |Filename: IMG_0823s.jpg | |Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid 500| +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
--
Onthehang

Onthehang;903830 Wrote: > Hi, this is my first post here. I was hoping someone could identify the > two flowers shown in the attached pics. I think I have seen both in the > Gardeners' World tv show garden. I have asked the same question there > but thus far no reply. Thanks in advance,
The second one is one of the many types of Helianthus, perennial Sunflowers, could be Lemon Queen, but it may be a bit too orange for that one. There are a fair few of them.
I know the first but the name will not jump out at me.
Owdboggy

Owdboggy;903835 Wrote:

Thanks for that. I got these in France in August. The sunflower is quite common over there so i dug up a few small specimens. 30cms tall. These I have planted in the garden and they have taken quite well.
The mexican sunflower as i now know it to be was in municipal plantings and i took a cutting from one. I have 3 cuttings in my greenhouse which have rooted well but now i know it to be an annual so was my effort wasted? Will the cuttings die before they have a chance to flower and produce seed? A pity if so because they were stunning to see in full flower and about 5 foot tall.
Onthehang

Orange one appears to be "Tithonia"
In article

Another name Mexican sunflower.