plant identification

Hello

This is a first time for me to ask for a help to identify a plant in my garden.

reason that i dont know its flower name is that i made it grown from the seeds i got a couple of years ago while i was enjoying some walk near my office after a lunch. A good point of this plant is that it has a long period of flowering. it is so good to see any plant to have flowers in a small place of my veranda in a lengthly period of time while i don't see many plants to flower.

Thanks in advance.

Ono@tokyo

Reply to
Ono

Mexican Milkweed, Asclepias curassavica.

Reply to
Amos Nomore

thank you for your quick responce. And now ive found out another names, such as 'bloodflower', 'scarlet milkweed' for this plant thru some searching on the net. i wonder if these names have been also familiar with American people.

Ono

Reply to
Ono

I live in the American Southwest and most folks around here call it Mexican milkweed or Mexican butterfly weed. In California I purchased it as tropical milkweed. It attracts butterflies better than anything.

Reply to
Amos Nomore

Thanks for ur sharing.

Here in my veranda ive never seen any butterfly not only upon the milkweed but also upon any plant i own this year except little black aunts. Maybe ive been hanging some screens over my veranda throughout the year, so butterflies and bees couldnt see well of my butterfly weed.

Ono

Reply to
Ono