Photo's of The National Summer Show

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:05:00 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"

In which case - why bother quoting a ( badly formatted ) large part of it, thus adding to your confused state?
Not only that, but none of your six posts ( thus far - nigh on a quarter of the thread ) have anything to do with the OP. In other words - you're in the way.
As regards the photos - lovely! Keepsake was particularly inspiring, but my favourite has to be Valerie Margaret. I'd dearly love to field a profusion of roses in my garden, but I'm afraid all they do is end up feeding the deer. Mind you - I did manage to get one single rose bloom this year ( aside from the climber up the front of the house )...which lasted for two days before it was scoffed.
A small hint for the photos page - with so many images on one page it can be helpful to display them as clickable thumbnails, which greatly speeds loading of the page.
Regards,
www.shwoodwind.co.uk

For the very simple reason that I just don't tolerate persistent stupidity.

You are welcome to sidestep me. My six posts were a failed attempt to persuade somebody to adhere to good usenet practice.
[snip]
Franz
Stephen
Thanks for the feedback, my wife and I are delighted that you enjoyed Valerie Margaret, as this is a rose that I have bred (out of Sunderland Supreme x Seedling) and named after my wife.
Your hint is useful, I have been bothered with file uploading times and have been trying to minimise this. I have reduced photo file sizes as much as possible, and for the National Show photos I split the photos into three pages rather than one. After loading the picture for the first time any subsequent loading will be much quicker. I'll look into your suggestion to try and make further improvements.
Regards
Martin Double Bexrose - ebmaster
Email: snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com Web Site: http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 07:46:00 +0000 (UTC), "Martin"

The big advantage of using thumbnails is that you can link them to larger images on a separate page. The most efficient and widely used technique to browse such thumbnails is by opening the image up in a separate window so that it downloads whilst you carry on browsing the main page - and such glorious images would benefit from a few extra Kb of data!
I can thoroughly recommend an application called Irfanview ( freeware, widely available ) as a means of reducing image size to the best advantage with regard to quality.
If only there was some way of downloading the scent!!
My compliments on the Valerie Margaret - your wife must be as proud and as beautiful as the rose.
Regards,
www.shwoodwind.co.uk
No problem. *smile* Glad to be of service. Murri

No. Language is either beautiful or ugly. There is no in-between.