I just got back from the Denver Woodworker's Show
Here are some of my favorites from the show -- of course I gravitate
toward things I need.....
1. The ProGrip "back-to-back" clamp available at
www.thewoodworkerschoice.com. This is a competitor with the Tru-Grip
system. Both have sliders for routers or circular saws. The Tru-Grip
also supports the Microfence (http://www.microfence.com /).
2. The Z-vise. You really need the demo to appreciate it's
flexibility. Of course it's expensive... around $250 .... I was told
it's only available at shows and on the web....
3. The Akeda dovetail jig. I watch both the Leigh and the Akeda demos
and both are impressive. However, the Akeda wins on simplicity, dust
collection, and cost. However, it cannot do some of the "funny
looking" dovetails that the Leigh does. The Leigh also accepts larger
pieces of wood although I'd never need the maximum width on either.
4. The Lie-Nielsen (LN) semi-custom work bench. It's beautiful. $1800.
You get to call LN and specify a whole bunch of stuff.
5. Incra or JoinTech router tables. Big bucks but really nice.
6. Peachtree Woodworking Supply, Inc. They had a lot of little stuff
that I find useful. But so does TWC -- The Woodworker's Choice.
Now off to buy another Lotto ticket.