Oak seedlings

That is a very good point. It's one the Permaculturists keep making and one of whihc I keep losing sight utnil I'm reminded of it (again and again and again)

:-)) I say, 'a pox on the parrots' (fat or thin). We have too many of too many varieties of parrots. If they didn't eat my fruit or seeds such as acorns or other stuff I'd like to let to get to maturity, I might enjoy their presence and antics.

Interesting. I know here that tree planting amongst farmers/graziers has now become very popular because it's such and aid in local climate mitigation (by which I meant that it's cooler, warmer, more civilised to live amongst tree sheltered land).