my daffs dont flower

Can anyone tell me why my daffodils are not flowering...this is two years on the trot now they havn't flowered. Am I putting the bulbs in to deep? Help!

Reply to
cookygirl43

There are various reasons why Daffs do not flower, the most common is planting them too shallow rather than too deep. Are you digging them up each year? That would probably prevent them flowering, if you do not let them die down naturally before moving them.

Reply to
Owdboggy

I would add some bone meal to the soil to provide your daffodils with slow release Phosphorus. In addition, it's helpful to provide them with a fertilizer that is high in Potassium and Phosphorus as a soil drench. Don't cut back the foliage. Bob

Reply to
BobWalsh

how much sun do they get each day?

do you cut the leaves off before they turn yellow and dry out?

are they planted together really close?

are they overgrown with something else?

hard to plant too deep so i'd say that's unlikely.

songbird

Reply to
songbird