Mango

Hi I have bought the house last year and have two mango trees in the backyard almost 5 meters high and the trunk cca 250 mm thick. Last season I got only a few mangos which were up to 120 mm long with dark spots.Good to eat with a ugly looking skinAt the momment it's flowering again. A Neighbour told me that he doesnt remember when the trees were pruned and how old is it. My question:

-When should I prune the mango tree (Downunder-Gold Coast) _How to do it (where can I see or read ...)

-Any suggestions from you experience guys?

Thanks Miki

Reply to
Miki

Last season I

spots.Good to

pruned and

Mangoes don't require annual pruning. You can prune for size in late winter or early spring if you need to. If your tree is an alternate bearer, that can be improved by removing some of the flower clusters and/or fruit in the heavy years. The spots are probably anthracnose, especially if the leaves are also affected. I don't bother to treat it unless it gets really bad, in which case the humidity may be a factor.

Reply to
Elizabeth