Re: Mango seed

Yes, it is possible to grow a mango from seed. However, mangoes are not indoor plants, and unless you live in a tropical or subtropical environment, you will never have much success. Mango trees are

--big-- trees and need to be several years old before they bear fruit. They cannot withstand frost.

In addition, most mangoes in commerce are hybrids, so the tree will probably not be true to its parent and will not yield fruit of the same quality.

J. Del Col

Reply to
J. Del Col

Thanks

Reply to
MOM PEAGRAM

I don't know how easy it is to germinate with the husk on but if you take your pruning shears and cut the husk open, there's a big nut inside it. Remove the seed and cover with an inch of soil. Germination happens in about a week or two.

I'm in Ontario too. They make lovely house plants if you pinch. Large leaves looks very tropical. I've heard that the leaves can cause skin allergies for some people. Good luck! :)

Reply to
Pen

Reply to
MOM PEAGRAM