Indoor coffee tree

Hi all. I'm new to this group, and I hope this is the right forum for this question.

I would like to have a large tree in my living room - something that would grow to be around 2.5 meters high. Is this a resonable idea at all? Do you have any good ideas of what kinds of plants would be good?

I've been thinking about growing a coffee tree. There is a large window facing west in the room, and where the tree would be there is plenty of afternoon sun in the summer, but not so much in the winter (I live in Sweden). Does that seem like a good idea? How long could it take to grow a tree from a seed?

/ martin

Reply to
Martin Magnusson

Coffee trees can grow well indoors, but they need fairly high humidity. It would take many years to grow one 2.5 meters tall from seed. They are shade-loving, but might need more sun than they'd get in a Swedish winter.

J. Del Col

Reply to
J. Del Col

That sounds good. Would spraying the tree with water help, or do you think it would be better to increase the humidity some other way?

/ martin

Reply to
Martin Magnusson