Is Wayside Insane?

There's a old adage, not completely accurate, about planting shrubs, trees, and vines: first year sleep, second year, creep, and third year leap. I initially planted clematis that came in the plastic tubes in cardboard containers, and that was my experience with them. I paid $2.98 each for the two I purchased, and they are gorgeous now. Give it time and keep it watered and fertilized.

John

Reply to
B & J

Hi John, yes I know,patience patience!

My nursery had some clematis (not cheap) that were in 5 gallon containers, in bloom. I bought 3 smaller ones (one from WS) and I am hoping they will surprise me in a year or two! Love caryn "Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

Reply to
NAearthMOM