Hibiscus

Has anyone ever used phosphate to increase blooms on hibiscus?? I always wondered how this local hibiscus garden club had such beautiful hibiscus and I found out that they use this. How often and how much-I don't want to do more damage than good.
Why not ask the local hibiscus garden club and then post the answer here so that we all benefit?
' enry VIII