Help Please !!!

Hello, I have a small problem that I hope someone can help me with. I am a photographer and I what to make a stop frame animation of a flower, so every day I will take a image of the flower and then after I will play them all as a video so it will look like it is growing over a couple of minuets.
My problem is I have no experience of gardening and I dont know what flower to use and I have a few requirements for this flower which are: it need to take about 1 year to grow. It needs to be able to be grown inside from September. I only want to grow the flower in 1 pot. It must be a flowering plant. It needs to be easy to grow, like I said I have no gardening experience. Finally I dont really want to spend any more then about 30 for all of then equipment and the flower.
As you can see I dont want much but if some one could help me or at least point me in the right direction I would be vary grateful.
--
animal752

Start by searching for John Ott.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow." - Anon
On 6/5/11 7:48 AM, animal752 wrote:

Outdoors, the slightest breeze will change the position of a flower. I suggest you use a greenhouse where temperatures are controlled without the use of blowers.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
animal752 wrote:

Why must it be over a year? This constraint may be a problem. Do you intend to start from seed or a seedling? How big do you want it to grow?

Where are you? Why September? We need to know your climate and which season it is in September.
Also do you have a window that faces away from the pole that gets strong light most of the day or better some sun? If you don't have any sun your choice in flowering plants will be much reduced, if you don't have strong light almost impossible.

What equipment do you mean? You shouldn't need any unless you are talking about artificial lighting.
David
On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 08:38:14 +1000, "David Hare-Scott"

No flower takes a year... if a blossom takes ten days to open and mature that's a lot. All of my fruit tree blossoms went from bud to finish in seven days, a short window for pollination... tulips and daffs about the same.
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

What you are looking for is a perennial that blooms in the fall. Like an "Aster" or "chrysanthemum". Plant them in fall and wait. A hardy hibiscus may also workout. I cut them to the ground in October and it the takes most of the summer to grow and in august you will get these plate size flowers. However, here in Michigan you will be filming snow for six months. Perhaps a cactus in the warmer climates.
I am not sure about this but are the winds in the early mornings tend to less than during the daytime hours. For photo taking?
Probably any perennial will fit the bill if you want a spring bloom try a "DayLilly". For six months would be filming dirt until they come out in the spring.

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 01:00:02 +0000 (UTC), Nad R

The entire plant can be photographed for the entire season but an individual flower lasts for a relatively short period... over the season a plant may produce several flowers. An interesting specimen for time lapse photography, albiet it's been done countless times, is the giant sunflower, but even those go from opening bud to fully mature in about three weeks... probably more interesting to time lapse a field of sunflowers over a full day, they literally follow the sun.
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

Sounds like the OP is a K-12 teacher. Start in September and end in May. Almost a year of indoor photography. Indoors the temperature and amount of sunlight will need to be regulated. He might require some grow lights for indoors and perhaps a self watering pot for those extended holidays.