help from anyone else with a scotts drop spreader

I've recently bought a Scott's EverGreen drop spreader to fertilise my lawn. There are 2 sets of numbers on the dial. I've looked through the instructions but they don't seem to tell me what the numbers represent - ounces per yard/metre etc. Can anyone enlighten me please before I scorch my lawn?

Reply to
adampeacocke

Those numbers are not for specific quantities, they represent relative rates, from less to more/low to high. I strongly recommend to ALWAYS use a setting of about half that specified on the product (any product). Actually drop spreaders suck, especially for newbies. You'd be far better off with a broadcast spreader. Even the pros use broadcast spreaders only. If you can exchange it I urge that you do. For smaller areas hand-held broadcast spreaders work very well.

Reply to
Brooklyn1

This is how to calibrate your spreader from Virginai Cooperative extension service.

beecrofter

calibrated, only in theory. And they are incorrect about a broadcast spreader pattern, it is not circular, it throws 1/4 circle to one side, very easy not to fertilize paved areas, simply walk in the correct direction... of course the morons who mow so the discharge chute is aimed at the paved areas won't do any better with broadcast spreaders.

Reply to
Brooklyn1

Thanks for all your advice

Reply to