habanero prob: white dotted trails, powdery...along stem only

Hi,
Just started gardening and am having a problem with our Habanero plants.
I saw and read/scanned through the pepper FAQ.. I'm not sure that I'm finding this specific problem.
We're noticing white dotted powdery (possibly) trails along the stems of one of the plants. Also notice that, although it _is_ flowering, we're getting none to develop into peppers. The flowers just end up falling off.
So we don't know if there is some kind of pest that is causing this powdery substance and is causing the flowers to drop off before developing.
Any help greatly appreciated :)
(As this is my first forray into this forum, if there is any prodical that I've missed or ignored, please forgive and direct me to the proper format, et el.)
Thanks much, Glenn
BTW: the answer is spider mites

While the discussion is on habaneros - has anyone come up with an antidote to the burning they do to your fingers when you slice and seed them?
I was slicing them lengthwise and seeding them, hoping to roast them before making salsa, and burned my fingers quite bad. Nothing seemed to neutralize them that I tried.
Guess I need to just roast them whole, until an antidote can be revealed.
Myrl Jeffcoat http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Whatever you do, do NOT rub your eyes, scratch the inside of your nose, or mess with any sensitive area on your body. <g> I ended up cutting up some serrano peppers then cut up onions, then had an itch on the by my eye next to the bridge of my nose and I scratched the area and wow! That's irritating. I immediately put my hands under some running cold water and then splashed water on my face and that helped. Had to let my hands sit under the running cold water for minute or two before it all fixed itself and it took about an hour before the burning in the eye went away.
Happy Moms Day to all, especially the moms.
Jim Carlock Post replies to the group.
--
Raleigh Swimming Pool Builder http://www.aquaticcreationsnc.com /

Oh, I can imagine after what it did to my fingers, what it would do to eyes, noses, and other "sensitive" parts!
I've tangled with poison oak, and didn't suffer like I did with those habaneros.
Let me tell you they make a "kick ass" salsa however!
[...]

I wear snug fitting gloves when dealing with hot chilis. I get the latex type. The last time I bought some I think they were in the paint aisle at Home Depot. When I'm done I peel them off & throw them away.
Jacqui

I was wondering if latex gloves would work. . .They were so incendiary I was afraid they'd either melt, or bond to my fingers and hands <g>
Thanks. . .
Myrl Jeffcoat http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

In article myrl snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

I now wear rubber gloves whenever cutting these. I once burned my fingers so bad I had to keep my hands in ice water all night. I also held ice cubes wrapped in paper towels that seemed to help. The burning subsided to the point I could tolerate it without help after 4 hours. After a complete day I could still feel my fingers burning. I can't imagine what would happen if someone ate one of these raw. I always warn people not to even attempt it when I give habeneros away.
There's a place by me that sell's Chef Jeff's world's hottest peppers which are habeneros that ripen to a red color. Those are even worse.