Ground Beef Recall Expanded

Page 2 of 15
Have you done a vetting of Mr. Taubes? I havent had the time, but it seems to me he makes a living out of goring the ox of the powers that be. He takes delight in debunking "popular" and maybe junk science. I would be very surprised he is a shill for the pig farmers of America
"Please keep in mind that each gram of carb or protein contain

As my normal eating patterns are high protein/low carb (I am allergic to wheat, corn) I can say that a bit of fat is going to turn off my hunger center while a bit of carbs is going to spike my glucose, spike insulin, and I will be hungry in a half hour.
The problem is you believe that decreasing cholesterol is going to save you from a heart attack... unhappily, it wont. There is no scientific proof. High cholesterol is a symptom of damage in the arteries brought on by ???? most likely infectious disease (like chlamydia, google chlamydia heart disease Madison Wisconsin) The link to heart disease is all carbs that cause a spike in insulin. Maybe the carbs cause allergic reaction in the immune cells of the arteries (notice that veins dont get clogged with plaque, why not? altho they do get inflamed).
solid margarine was the "answer" to "fear of butter". dont use margarine anymore. use natural fats like butter or oils.
The point is this. I dont eat as much as typical Americans, period. I sure dont eat as much meat as typical Americans no matter what diet they are on unless they are vegan. Yesterday for lunch I had a small chicken thigh, for dinner I had salad with "things" one of which was the sliced remainder of the stuffed pork loin I made the night before. Not one of those huge restaurant salads either. We mostly eat chicken and eggs and cheese. I try to remember to use beef and pork once a week. I could give up pork but I do like a sprinkle of bacon on my cottage cheese in the morning. I dont get the pork rind thing every time they do those reports on Atkins. I dont eat pork rinds.. gag.
I am never hungry. I have to remind myself to eat breakfast cause I forget I will be light headed later if I dont. Even tho my husband "cheats" by eating raisins, grapes and other high sugar fruit AND trail mix, and candy, and .... , his "cholesterol" is fine, his triglycerides are extremely low, his HDL high. My "cholesterol" is very high. But I have just done a round of anti-candida meds to get rid of a chronic infection with candida. I have to take very high bolus of antibiotics when I get my teeth cleaned every 4 months (due to prolapsed mitral valve) and I think this is the cause. I destroyed my good bacteria. Thankfully, the dentist just told me I DONT have to take that antibiotic anymore.
There is NO REASON you cannot eat a low carb/high protein diet WITHOUT FAT. Just stay away from the high carb veggies and fruits. You will be amazed at how much better you feel, how much better your "cholesterol" and BP is, and how clear your head is without starch in the diet. Ingrid

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

I experience the same thing. High carb meals make me ravenous and prone to overeat.
Low carb dieting turns off my hunger and keeps ME in better control.
Not all calories are equal. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.
1/3 of Americans have this "eat carb, spike insulin, eat more carb" thing. I absolutely cannot eat carbs in the morning or I find myself wandering the kitchen looking to stuff something in my mouth. Ingrid

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote in

May I suggest a sock?
I know that feeling all too well...
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.
This is why I eat many small meals. In the morning I eat a quality oatmeal and add much more water than necessary to really plump it up and I add flaxseeds to it during the last several minutes of cooking. About two hours later, fruit, then a yogurt etc. Fats are also vital in helping keep the full feeling, but psychologically, it is not healthy to need to feel satiated all the time. Some tolerance of hunger is actually healthy and helps with digestion. It's always better to eat when hungry, even if that means ten times a day. As long as the caloric intake is a healthy amount for you weight and body it's prefectly fine.
Deepak Chopra MD wrote an interesting book based on Ayurvedic practice and it's called, "Perfect Weight." It involves eating based on dosha type, but he does stress that hunger should be the motivation for eating, not emotions.
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:57:04 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

I pretty much only eat when physically hungry any more, but ONLY if I avoid starch and sugar carbs by themselves for the most part.
I usually eat 1 to 2 meals per day depending on how busy I am.
I don't have time to eat on a "schedule". :-P
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.
I now eat 1/2 to 1 cup cottage cheese with a sprinkle of bacon bits (real bacon) in the morning to prevent lightheadedness and any sudden "I gotta eat now" feeling until I get home (usually at noon). Carbs only with dinner or late snack. Ingrid

Have you considered haggis? It'll put hair on your ass.
http://www.macsween.co.uk/index.asp

Nah.
Baluts are better for that.
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

After aquavit shots (Note Plural) or glog.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstrmming
I've not had it cause I can't find it. A friend was over in Sweden doing work stuff when after work the host offered some. My friend being Vietnamese was put off by the can being opened under pressure release. However he ate it to the amazement of his hosts. His comment to me was very much like fish sauce.
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

In article

I'm very brave when it comes to new foods, but there are just some things I have to draw the line at. <g>
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.
On 10/17/07 10:23 AM, in article omp snipped-for-privacy@news.giganews.com, "Omelet"

Post-google
YUCK!

<lol>
Sorry hon'!
But believe it or not, there are worse things that are considered "food" in some cultures! ;-D
I think that, so far, this one has to be the worst:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu
Warning, do NOT NOT NOT click on that link unless you have a VERY strong stomach!!!
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

Sure made my top 10 ! Still thinking about telling some folks to check it out if in the area. Might be good and I wonder how long folks have done such a thing. We were having dinner a few years back when my kids noticed there were worms on or in our broccoli . I said yes and proceeded to eat it with gusto.
Things we see can be worrisome but the stuff we can't set bother's me. E-Coli comes to mind.
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

In article

Eukkkch.
Whatever floats your boat babe. If you want maggots drilling thru your intestines...
Cheese is interesting stuff but I refuse to risk dying for it.
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

Maggots are good for you :-)
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/features/article1499049.ece
Janet
On 10/17/07 6:02 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk,

I've seen this before - it's really an interesting thought on dealing with some horrific infections.
Cheryl
On 10/17/07 1:20 PM, in article omp snipped-for-privacy@news.giganews.com, "Omelet"

Nah - the egg was worse. My grandfather taught me to eat raw eggs and truly disgusting smelling cheeses. I've eaten suckling pig. I've even tried ducks feet but I don't think I could handle the egg.

Good gods! And I thought I was bad enjoying pressure cooked poultry feet and calves feet, and raw eggs. :-) Not to mention the Barbacoa (mexican spiced shredded cow face, slow cooked) with cheese breakfast taco I get every Saturday morning from Los Gallos in New Braunfels for both me and dad. ;-d
Never had suckling pig. I presume that was roasted? <G>
Sorry so long for the reply. It's been a rough week.
Mom loved Limburger. I'd never and still won't go near that stuff!!!