Deer Vent

Page 2 of 2

Believe me - if there were a safe way to use a weapon in my neighborhood of 1/4 acre lots, I'd own a larger freezer.
Did you know... that venison is delicious if floured and fried? Made into Jerky or stew...
I grew up on it.
Kate
: Just whining... planted my first-ever vegetable garden this year, and : it's been doing really well, but earlier this summer, I came out to : find the tops of my bush beans munched off and a big deer hoofprint in : the soil. I strung up that black deer netting 4 feet high around the : beds, my beans recovered, and all was well for a few months. : : I came home last night and went out check the garden, and those sneaky : bastards RIPPED DOWN the black netting and snacked up my bush beans : again. My husband thought it must have been neighborhood kids, but no, : we had hoofprints again. : : I know my mistake was putting the netting too close to the plants; the : leaves were touching the netting in many places, so I guess they proved : to be too much temptation. Next year - 6 foot fencing three feet away : from the beds. : : Grumblerumblegrrrrr. : : -- : Jennifer :
Scramble up some eggs, leave raw, let set a few days to ripen, put in a spray bottle and spray everything in site. The deer will steer clear. Works for my mother-in-law. OMG does it ever stink! Must be reapplied after a good rain.
[...]
It keeps mother-in-laws away too!?! Cool.... Murri