French Marigolds In Vegetable Garden

Some say marigolds help to deter certain pests in the vegetable garden. Others say it's nothing more than an old wives tale! What do you say? I may plant some this spring with my vegetables as I don't see where it could hurt my crops any.

Reply to
EVP MAN

Well they sure don't stop my deer but the do help with bees and therefore pollination.

MJ

Reply to
mj

To the best of my knowledge marigolds don't contain any insecticide. Some have a strong smell and some don't. The strongly smelling ones may repell pests but I cannot vouch for it. I can vouch for the fact that snails love marigolds.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott