Daylilies in the Winter

Due to a warmer than usual fall, a couple of my Daylilies sent up late scapes filled with clusters of flowerbuds. In the cold weather, however, the blooms open in slow motion and look a bit ragged. Would it be beneficial for the plant to cut off the scapes and let it rest over the winter?
Thanks.
-Fleemo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Due to a warmer than usual fall, a couple of m
Daylilies sent up late scapes filled with clusters of flowerbuds. In the cold weather, however, the blooms open in slow motion and look a bit ragged. Woul it be beneficial for the plant to cut off the scapes and let it rest over the winter?
Thanks.
-Fleemo
fleemo im not sure where u are located but if the flowers arent al that good then i would consider cutting the scapes off but leave an leaves behind as the good of them will go back into your plant. the remove any remaining junk come springtime. then your plants can res over the winter like they were meant to do. hope this helps u some. sockiescat
-- sockiescat
Thanks for the input, sockiescat. :)
Have a great weekend. Let's hope we can get out there and do a little something in the garden.
-Fleemo