daylilies

Should the seed pods that develop on daylilies be removed? for repeat bloom? TIA, Judy

((.)) ')) (((((((( ))(/)((

Reply to
Judy Cosler

Unless you are hybridizing daylilies, the seed pods should be removed.

Will removing the seed pods help them to bloom a second time? Not unless they are a repeat blooming cultivar such as 'Stella d'Oro', 'Happy Returns', 'Bitsy', 'Yellow Lollipop' or 'Pardon Me'.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

I have four of the ones you mentioned. When I purchased them, I had no idea that they would be rebloomers....

Reply to
Barbara Yanus

Why bother to remove the pods? Even if not into plant breeding, it's kind of fun (and fairly easy) to grow daylilies from seed. Are they that much like bulbs where next year's blooms would be reduced by energy spent in seed production?

Reply to
Frogleg