Cuttings Advise

I am trying to develop some cuttings from bushes and shrubs, I don'

know the name of them all, but some are fuchias, I have a greenhouse.

All help would be appreciate

-- Gringo

Reply to
Gringo

William Wagner

You really need to figure out what plants they are.

Some propagation protocols call for hardwood cuttings, some softwood. Some you wound, some you don't. Some you treat with rooting hormone (but not all the same hormone), some you don't. For some plants you take the living branch and layer (bury a tip in soil) or vertical layer (sort of a plant tourniquet). For others your best bet is root cuttings.

I mean, you can always go with trial-and-error (even if you look up protocols, or talk with people who have been propagating them, there will be *some* trial and error). But unless you can at least narrow it down a bit, there would be a lot of error.

As for Fuchsias (note spelling), an internet search for "Fuchsia Propagation" makes it look like they are pretty easy. One of the first hits was

I have no firsthand experience on this.

Reply to
Jim Kingdon