Company that removes turf

This is a long shot, since only a few of us are in Southern California.

I am in a hurry to find a company that will remove turf from my front yard. Santa Monica subsidizes this work, provided turf is replaced with water-saving plantings. I have been man~ana about this for too long; in a few months City will end the subsidy.

Spent a LONG time on-line looking for companies. Maybe I am looking in wrong place? This is expensive community, so maybe providers are elsewhere?

Some companies don't ask homeowner to pay and then put in for subsidy. Company does the work and then bills the City.

All this in case anybody has a clue.

TIA

HB

Reply to
Hypatia Nachshon

My favorite landscape contractor -- one of the very few contractors that I have allowed on my property more than once -- told me that a good job of replacing turf with drought-tolerant landscape will almost always cost more than the rebate, sometimes twice the amount of the rebate. I would be extremely careful about using a contractor who will do the job just for the amount of the rebate.

If you are interested in contacting my contractor, reply in this thread. I will then send you an E-mail message to your Gmail address with his name and phone number.

Reply to
David E. Ross

ard. Santa Monica subsidizes this work, provided turf is replaced with wat er-saving plantings. I have been man~ana about this for too long; in a few months City will end the subsidy.

wrong place? This

Company does the work and then bills the City.

VERY KIND, THANK YOU. AWAITING EMAIL. WILL BE ALERT.

HB

Reply to
Hypatia Nachshon