Bulbs ? ?

I recently received some Azure Alliums, Snow Crocus, and Red Dynasty Tulip Bulbs, however, I am not sure when I should plant them. I assume I should do it now?? Can anyone confirm? I am in Zone 7, Chattanooga, TN. Also, is there any problem with planting all these in the same small garden?
Thanks, Scott

Plant them RIGHT NOW. They'll bloom in spring. As far as whether they belong together (size, color, etc), you'll have to do some research on your own. This bulb vendor may have some clues: www.whiteflowerfarm.com. There are plenty of others.
also try www.johnscheepers.com they are awesome with pictures of quite a LOT of bulbs! madgardener

Is this true of our Mediterranean climate (So. Calif coastal) -- I mean, plant them right now? I just bought some bulbs (Watsonia Snowbell) at the Huntington plant sale, and haven't a clue.
This is my first time with bulbs.
[...]
Persephone
<Persephone> wrote in message >>>>I recently received some Azure Alliums, Snow Crocus, and Red Dynasty

That I don't know.
<Persephone> wrote in message> >>>I recently received some Azure Alliums, Snow Crocus, and Red Dynasty

The best place to ask would be a local garden center (not Wal-Mart, etc., but a true garden center.) They should be selling plants appropriate to your are and can answer your specific questions. You probably realize that some bulbs require pre-chilling before planting in warm climates or they won't bloom. You can often buy them already chilled or you can do it yourself.

I bought these at the Huntington Botanical Gardens. I asked about chilling, but the person who sold the bulbs said that the Watsonia Snowball didn't require chilling like tulips.
Guess I'll call/email them to check on planting times.
Persephone
--
Mom/Sara

Now.
No.
According to Rebecca Garden on tv, the bulbs should be planted when night temps are consistently below 40 degrees.
Good luck
Gary

Interesting guideline, but air temperature is not necessarily indicative of soil temperature in a given spot. Exposure to sun, proximity to warming factors like the house foundation, elevation relative to higher or lower places in the yard, all these things will have an effect.
Unfortunately, the gardener may have to listen to extended weather forecasts, read actual paper books (from a library) about the species he intends to plant, and then simply DO IT. Work, thinking, common sense, and risk, in other words.