Besides eating,what else do you think pineapples are also good for ?

Page 2 of 3
cybercat wrote:

Eating pineapple also makes a guy's semen taste nice 'n sweet...so you gals' mouths can also get "a little sore" that way, too...!!!
:-)
--
Best
Greg

I'll vouch for that. I've never used it as a tenderisers although I know about it but when I prepar a pineapple I can't resist nibbling at the flesh left on the core even though I know i'll have a sore mouth for hours.
Short term hedonist, that's me!
Mary

For a few months I've been subscribing to home deliveries of organic fruit and veggies, mostly locally grown, but some from far away. My intake of papaya, pineapple, kiwi, and suchlike, has skyrocketed, and to use all this stuff I've been making lots of fruit smoothies and icies. I've also been battling painful cracking at the corners of my mouth, something I never experienced in my whole life, and thought was just another gawdamned side effect of aging. I'd several times read about the effects of these enzymes but it didn't go into my longterm memory partly because I didn't think it had ever effected me so why worry about it. But now that I know what it is I'm sure as hell gonna wash up after eating fruit! Still gonna eat it though. It's tasty. And I'm pooping MUCH better I bet you're glad to know.
-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com

It's worked for me, but my cat likes to chew on the new 'leaves'. Makes a free plant, tho.
sf wrote:

wine-glass filled with water on a windowsill and they will root. My latest challenge is to keep them alive over winter and then plant in the garden to see what happens. I know they like coastal climates in SA as they grow extensively in the East London district, but here on the highveld is a different story where we get -3C almost every night.
HTH/

I've seen them used for hedging in Africa where the plants can grow to over 3 ft in height. David Hill
On Jul 17, 5:20am, sf wrote:

Just choked on my coffee, then realised you were trying to grow the top. In Oz "root" is also a slang word meaning the same thing as fuck.
JB

In article

I thought everything meant that in Oz.
-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com
In article

I've heard that it is the fastest fermenting juice around and was the favorite of ship bound sailors:-)
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

It's the symbol of hospitality, which is why you so often see them atop old houses' gate posts etc. in rural UK. For example, they were grown in pineapple pits at Heligan, in horse manure the decomposition of which gave off the heat to grow the pineapples. http://tinyurl.com/58k6zp Even then, this was labour intensive and the outcome was fraught with danger so they were both exotic and expensive. In those days there was immensely strong competition among society hostesses to produce the first peas, beans, strawberries etc. so producing pineapples was a social coup of some meaning. I suppose that the entire plant could be quite useful for cleaning chimneys if you run out of small boys. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
[...]

Making sugar.
"Keith" wrote

I hate the things so for me they are expensive compost only
Phil

If I were you ... and this is just me, mind you ... I might stop buying them.
"cybercat" wrote

Try telling the Mrs that! She buys them at the request of daughter who then doesn't "get round" to eating them presumably.
But no, I wouldn't specifically buy them for their aesthetic enhancement of the composting process
Phil

The juice is supposed to be good for tenderising meat.
--
eBid - The Friendlier Online Auction Site
Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy

Blowing up stores.
OR
Pineapple Bomb Recipe A great summertime drink, this one blends pineapple juice, amaretto and bourbon. Enjoy in those lazy, hazy days of summer! 1oz bourbon 1/2oz amaretto 3oz pineapple juice
--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Bleurch!
Mary
Keith wrote:

Drinking... pina coladas.
If you value your lips do NOT suck the bits of flesh that cling to pared pineapple skin.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/124008/the_many_uses_of_pineapple.html?cat=5