Bees, anyone?

Page 3 of 4

[...]
I think Frontline had a program about that few years ago. The installation was in San Francisco, IIRC. Dunno if it was as inclusive as you suggest, but it was portrayed as pretty darn inclusive. Think it also said that the amount of information was virtually impossible to address.

And of course everything we see on TV is always, invariably, true and provable.
HB
In article

It was in the AT&T building in San Francisco. The software came from Narus of Sunnyvale, Calif., and is called Deep Packet Inspection (DPI).
What I don't understand is why ISPs keep track of the information on our activities to begin with.
It certainly seems to be "1984", and not "Brave New World".

If you watch the documentary "Corporation", you'll find that reporting known falsehoods (lies) as news isn't against the law.
"The Corporation" <(Amazon.com product link shortened) _1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid96889718&sr=1-1> (and at better libraries near you)

--
- Billy
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the

(whack)
Wouldn't want to share a link, would you? I don't doubt what you say, but my queries didn't solicit confirmation of the story.
--
- Billy
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the

(snip of unrelated remark) Eavesdropping machines with the capacity to pick up words is not what is being discussed. That is a differnt topic entirely. I'm trying to get a cite about humus buyers being targeted that is more than just usenet gossip.

I do hope that just because something has been on TV, you don't think it that makes it true.

<http://www.pollsb.com/polls/p3626-homeland_security_tracking_people_buy_ falafel> I guess you know by now that the falafel profiling search was done from supermarket databases of people who use store I.D. cards for discounts.
<http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2011/02/02/18670966.php The communications trolling of American correspondence that you referred to was done by the NSA using Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) from Narus of Sunnyvale, Calif., a content-filtering technology that allows network managers to inspect, track and target content from users of the Internet and mobile phones, as it passes through routers on the information superhighway.
<http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2006/05/70944 In San Francisco the "secret room" is Room 641A at 611 Folsom Street, the site of a large SBC phone building, three floors of which are occupied by AT&T. High-speed fiber-optic circuits come in on the 8th floor and run down to the 7th floor where they connect to routers for AT&T's WorldNet service, part of the latter's vital "Common Backbone." In order to snoop on these circuits, a special cabinet was installed and cabled to the "secret room" on the 6th floor to monitor the information going through the circuits. (The location code of the cabinet is 070177.04, which denotes the 7th floor, aisle 177 and bay 04.) The "secret room" itself is roughly 24-by-48 feet, containing perhaps a dozen cabinets including such equipment as Sun servers and two Juniper routers, plus an industrial-size air conditioner.
This same technology is being used today to suppress the revolt in Egypt.
--

Like it or not, we are all Tunisians, some of us just don't realize it
yet.

Wages don't reflect increase in productivity.

It is symptomatic of our environment. Nobody knows if it's true, but it sounds like our government. They spied on us illegally, and then, retroactively passed a law that said it was OK. You seem to have an honest government, at least your Prime Minister seems decent, but here and in Europe, there has been a shift to the right since Bush. If your computer has a web cam, I'd cover its lens when it wasn't in use. The neighborhood has changed.
--
- Billy
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the

And you know about that because......................?
If all that came out, do you really think the humus buying spying wouldn't have?
I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person but I also like to differntiate between reality and speculation. There is still no cite (other than gossip) to support the humus spying story.
You seem to have an

I agree that the western world has moved very far right since 9/11. But that does not mean that the minions of the right are any more effective than minions of the left or minions of the in betweeners.
I still have a security clearance from my government (as I still do casual work for them) and I know that most bureaucracies are largely ineffective and we've already got examples of that. 9/11 happened despite the enormous resources the US puts into security. A low level military guy in Iraq steals and expose State Department cables.
If you and Nad expect me to believe there is some degree of competence in spooking on humus buyers then one or other of you are going to have to come up with better proof than usenet gossip.

if you do work for the security of your country, you must be crappy at your job! Use these search terms "Supermarket FBI humus terrorist". I have a feeling if your out side of the US, your search information is probably limited. Every nation has it own search parameters. Try the US Google instead your own countries google. Also were talking eight years ago, news papers were just getting started on the Internet. Eight years ago the web as news information was limited. Not like today.
I live in Michigan, Dearborn Michigan has the highest number of Muslims living in the United States. It was big news here as the arrest of people and the electronic searches of the supermarkets.
If your looking for information beyond the Internet, that's it, accept it or not, I could care less. I guess its like global warming, accept it or not as proof. Global warming is not real, that flooded country of Australia it is a myth here in the US.
http://www.pollsb.com/polls/p3626-homeland_security_tracking_people_buy_falafel
http://current.com/news-and-politics/86933191_the-fbi-falafel-watchlist.htm

Thanks for the links, Dan. How embarrassing for me, this took place in my backyard, but I was unaware of it.
--
- Billy
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
In article

Prepared Hummus purchased by middle east folks does not make sense to me. So easy to make with so many options. Guess crazy is about in force.
Fav Hummus
cup cooked chickpeas or others
1/4 cup bean juice 3/4 cup Tahini Juice of two lemons 1 T Soy Sauce 2 T Olive Oil 1 to 3 Cloces garlic
I'd monitor Garlic or lemon users along with sesame seed purchases.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now /

Forgot to mention "The Best Book on Bees".
"The ABC and XYZ of Bee Culture" 1947 Amazon has it for $48 should be in library.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now /

Where are the "binders and fillers"? What is Cargill to do, if you don't buy processed foods?
--
- Billy
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the

It is all old news. Over the years there is just so much fear out there at some point one will go nuts or say I no longer care. They track me so what. If they want to know what I eat and do, I no longer care. My main goal in life is to enjoy life and it not run from it. I will say what I want, eat what I want, do what I want until someone says I cannot do the things I do. When I get to that bridge, I will have to analyze then to comply or resist.

be given> wrote:

Please try reading for comprehension. I don't work in security and never have.
Use these search terms "Supermarket FBI humus terrorist". I have a

OK. I'll do that. I've found a way I can use US google but since you havent' posted any cite for any information other than forum gossip, I doubt that there is any information other than gossip and conspiracy theory to be found.
Also were talking eight years ago,

Fran, try <http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2007/11/fbi-hoped-to-fo.html
--
- Billy
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the

Thanks Billy. That article says much the same as every other thing I've managed to find out on this - the only 'factual' bit is the mention of a few names. There is no report of arrests of hundreds of people anywhere.
Just because someone comes up with a 'bright' idea doesn't mean it'll fly. I still have grave doubts that it did fly but it may have glided for a short distance till it went further up the bureacratic dung heap till it got to Mason who had enough sense to see it was a crock of an idea.

http://911blogger.com/news/2010-09-27/ashcrofts-post-911-roundups-spark-lawsuit-william-fisher-new-york-sep-27-2010-ips
Most of those are rounded up and held for weeks were not technically arrested and many unrelated to hummus food search. However there were many methods used to round up the people. Hummus was just one of many techniques used to find people and held in custody without a lawyer, judge, trail or jury.
This is it for me, no more postings from me on this topic. Accept it or not. No skin off my nose.

So as the sun pulls away from the dock, and our boat sinks into the harbor, we bid a fond farewell to "The Hummus Caper".
--
- Billy
http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now /

Good news, Bad news: the Good news is that the L.A. Times gave their source as the Congressional Quarterly. Bad news is that the Congressional Quarterly is a private publication, that requires a subscription to read it :O))
The telling point is that no American doubts the report. I think that we are all screwed. I'm hoping that's just me.
--
- Billy
http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now /

This is the next to last post :)
http://911blogger.com/news/2010-09-27/ashcrofts-post-911-roundups-spark-lawsuit-william-fisher-new-york-sep-27-2010-ips
Not just you, we ARE screwed! Detroit is already in Mad Max Times. United States is collapsing in a domino fashion. One forth of the high rise buildings in downtown detroit are vacant and falling apart. Their are many square miles of empty burned out vacant homes in Detroit. Gangs rules many parts of that city. There are hardly any police, fire or ambulance services there. Last year when I worked in a city near Detroit, I could here gun fire and sirens every night across across the infamous eight mile road. Sometimes i heard fully automatic gun fire across that border. Their are murders almost everyday in that city. I found the super bowl ad of that Chrysler commercial humous with the imported from Detroit message.
It seems that many communities are laying off essential services, police, fire and ambulance services across the country. With high unemployment, fuel prices and food prices and with no hope in sight of changing. Now that I am retired, I go no where, just to the market and back. I have my escape, my gardens, my animals and my books in the country, I love where I am at. The world can rot!