Bees, anyone?

Thanks Billy. That article says much the same as every other thing I've managed to find out on this - the only 'factual' bit is the mention of a few names. There is no report of arrests of hundreds of people anywhere.

Just because someone comes up with a 'bright' idea doesn't mean it'll fly. I still have grave doubts that it did fly but it may have glided for a short distance till it went further up the bureacratic dung heap till it got to Mason who had enough sense to see it was a crock of an idea.

Reply to
FarmI

of those are rounded up and held for weeks were not technically arrested and many unrelated to hummus food search. However there were many methods used to round up the people. Hummus was just one of many techniques used to find people and held in custody without a lawyer, judge, trail or jury.

This is it for me, no more postings from me on this topic. Accept it or not. No skin off my nose.

Reply to
Nad R

Good news, Bad news: the Good news is that the L.A. Times gave their source as the Congressional Quarterly. Bad news is that the Congressional Quarterly is a private publication, that requires a subscription to read it :O))

The telling point is that no American doubts the report. I think that we are all screwed. I'm hoping that's just me.

Reply to
Billy

So as the sun pulls away from the dock, and our boat sinks into the harbor, we bid a fond farewell to "The Hummus Caper".

Reply to
Billy

This is the next to last post :)

just you, we ARE screwed! Detroit is already in Mad Max Times. United States is collapsing in a domino fashion. One forth of the high rise buildings in downtown detroit are vacant and falling apart. Their are many square miles of empty burned out vacant homes in Detroit. Gangs rules many parts of that city. There are hardly any police, fire or ambulance services there. Last year when I worked in a city near Detroit, I could here gun fire and sirens every night across across the infamous eight mile road. Sometimes i heard fully automatic gun fire across that border. Their are murders almost everyday in that city. I found the super bowl ad of that Chrysler commercial humous with the imported from Detroit message.

It seems that many communities are laying off essential services, police, fire and ambulance services across the country. With high unemployment, fuel prices and food prices and with no hope in sight of changing. Now that I am retired, I go no where, just to the market and back. I have my escape, my gardens, my animals and my books in the country, I love where I am at. The world can rot!

Reply to
Nad R

"NEW YORK, Sep 27, 2010 (IPS) - Hundreds of people who believe they were falsely detained and imprisoned by the Department of Justice in the wake of the Sep. 11, 2001 attacks are now seeking redress through the U.S. courts. . .

Despite the fact that the government never charged any of them with a terrorism-related offence, immigration authorities kept the men in detention for up to eight months, long past the resolution of their immigration cases, according to attorneys at the Center for Constitutional Rights, which brought the class action on behalf of the plaintiffs. . . "

Reply to
Billy

And those 3 names given, and which are as close as I can get to any 'facts' about humus buyer targetting, are the same ones mentioned everywhere and are probably also all from exactly the same 'source'.

There just is not enough 'evidence' to claim that anything of the sort happened.

LOL. That isn't saying a lot Billy. Americans seem to be more paranoid about their own government than any other group of people on earth except for those of the old Soviet Union - perhaps a hang over them the 1950s

Reply to
FarmI

Wish it was just me.

Released: March 14, 2007 America¹s Image in the World: Findings from the Pew Global Attitudes Project

I am here to tell you what we have learned over these years about international opinion of the U.S., including views of its policies, values, and people. Since our first poll in June 2002, we have interviewed in depth about 110,000 people in 50 countries. I believe it is fair to say we have been the first and foremost chronicler of the rise of anti-Americanism in the 21st century. Indeed, the headlines of our annual reports on America¹s image tell the story: ? December 2002 ­ America¹s image slips, although goodwill towards the U.S. remains ? June 2003 ­ U.S. image plunges in the wake of the Iraq war ? March 2004 ­ No improvement in U.S. image, some worsening in Europe ? June 2005 ­ U.S. image improves slightly, although still negative in most places; and anti-Americanism is becoming increasingly entrenched ? June 2006 ­ Show little further progress ­ in fact some back sliding. Even as the publics of the world concurred with the Americans on many global problems.

-----

What's with Australia these days, drowning in the east, and burning up in the west?

Reply to
Billy