bees nest in boiler overflow

Bizarre this one - some bees seem to have taken up residence in my boiler overflow pipe, all 15mm of it. There don't appear to be very many of them, it being a rather small residence, but I don't really like the idea of beeswax stuffing up one of the things between me and an exploding kitchen.

Anyone got any suggestions? I don't want to kill them, given they;re bees rather than wasps. Just persuade them to take up residence elsewhere...

Reply to
Airsource Ltd

Are they perhaps mason bees?

RubberBiker

How is he supposed to see their handshakes in a 15mm pipe?

Reply to
Harry Stottle

-------------- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B

males and females nest together?

Reply to
Airsource Ltd

Contact local beekeeper who will want to give them a good home.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Beekeeper here. They are very, very unlikely to be honeybees, so don't bother a beekeeper. Mason bees are the most likely.

Having said that, and will reassure you they won't sting, I'm not too sure how to get them out. You presumably don't have access from the inside end to apply some sort of pusher to get them out. I don't think smoke will work with this type of bee. The only thing I can say is that they typically will disappear in a month or so, and it may be best just to leave them. I doubt that their nest will bloke the pipe to any extent.

Rob

Reply to
Rob G

Simple. Mouth round pipe and suck.

Reply to
RubberBiker

You need a pooter. (This is your new word for today)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ