My weird bees

Hi All,

Just small talk.

I asked a farmer customer / friend of mine about my weird bees. I described their looks and how they moved at right angles. And how they darted at you.

He said they are called Mason Bees

And told me they were way better at pollinating than honey bees. And despite them trying to run you off their lunch, he has never heard of anyone being stung by one. Also they don't produce any honey and they have to be restarted every year in domestication.

-T

Reply to
Todd

I'm partial to leaving bundles of cut bamboo stakes or just short bamboos stakes stuck here and there in the garden.

For ideas:

Pat Kiewicz

Hi Pat,

Oh now I get it. Bamboo, like those bee tubes.

Thank you!

-T

Reply to
Todd

A farmer customer/friend of mine told me this about his mason bees:

Drill 5/16" holes all the way through a 4" to 5" cedar block. Close off one side with a removable plank. At the end of the year, remove the plank and clean out the holes (they won't come back it the holes are not clean

Reply to
Todd