An oak...

I ran across an interesting oak on the net when searching for variegated trees: Quercus rubra 'Vana' I did all the searches I could think of to find a US source. Any suggestions for a possible source? The only reference with a picture online was in a book using Google search.
Maybe if I show where I saw it?
<http://books.google.com/books?id=sue7IR7oSRgC&pg=PA249&dq=quercus +robur+variegated&sig=RyJcGzygxtGsR9bZdZnWQ5ugF3w#PPA249,M1>
That is what got my interest.

but that doesn't show the one you mentioned. anyway, i actually was intrigued by the idea of a varigated oak, so i have been poking around Google trying different keywords. so far i've come up with a place in Ohio called Hoot Owl Hollow that has a couple varigated oaks, but not the one you mentioned. http://www.hootowlhollow.com/index.html and the page with the oaks (near the bottom: quercus) http://www.hootowlhollow.com/catalog/trees.html
hopefully the URLs won't wrap... lee
I found this supplier that delivers to your door. http://porkyfarm.com/red_oak.asp
very pretty tree,good luck.