AAC audio Files notice the cross post gardeners

Hello I got a lot of music in Itunes. Some how files not from Amazon MPEG or protected turned into AAC these from my CD's. Can I get them back ?
I used to just type .Mp3 to send a friend a sound.
But this now occurs .
Attachment converted: Billy's Macintosh HD:04 Struggle For Pleasure 1.mp3 (M4A /hook) (004A8B17)
Dumfounded.
Bill
--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer /

Before importing from your CDs go to iTunes / Preferences / General / When you insert a CD... click on Import Options and set your encoder and quality settings.

Old Cd's placed in to Itunes changed to ACC. Amazon MPEG works well and I know protected is such but my own have been tagged some way too.
Anyone dealing with Mp3 that is really Mp4. I'm think snail mail is a lot less invasive. I want a modicum of control.
Bill
--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer /

Why don't you just check your iTunes preferences like Gerry said and change the setting from AAC to MP3? Your music is being imported that way because that's what your settings currently say to.
--
My latest dance routine <
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4twDW3OUYg

Mac and geek T-shirts & gifts <http://designsbymike.net/shop/mac.cgi