Use windoze to recover audio files from Linux disk?

Hi peeps,

I have limited experience with Linux, but have an old xiva music8 that has a corrupt operating system on it and there's no possibly way to rescue it a pparently according to the support line. The only way to save all my cd co lection is to remove the files fro the hard drive, which is Linux formated (ext?) Is there a way to be able to recover the flac and MP3 files using a windows pc from a Linux formated drive? Can any one advise?

Many thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Mr Sandman

s a corrupt operating system on it and there's no possibly way to rescue it apparently according to the support line. The only way to save all my cd colection is to remove the files fro the hard drive, which is Linux formate d (ext?)

ws pc from a Linux formated drive? Can any one advise?

Sounds like you need an ext3/4 reading utility.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Boot the Windows PC with Knoppix or a Ununtu/whatever live CD and read the disk from that.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

yes. thats probably the simplest way.

put the old hd either in a usb caddy or in the winpc, an boot linux.

try an fsck on the corrupted disk if it wont mount.

Reply to
Tjoepstil

I use ext2fsd

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Other than the CD option, you can get a LIVE USB OS that will boot.

Reply to
RayL12