A posting a reply question

How come a lot of the times when I post a reply it doesn't show up as a part of the thread? It will show up as an Re: to the original post but not as part of the thread. Sometimes it will be part of the thread. It must have something to do with the way the preceding posts in the thread were saved. I'm reading and posting through AOL.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

It's most likely the way AOL works.

I assume you're doing this through a web based news reader and not using a client program like Outlook Express?

Reply to
Some One

Reply to
N. Zitney

Change your "current view" setting to "show all messages" and that should fix the problem.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

Different problem than Tom was having... He'd see his posts, but they would be in a new thread and not part of the group of original postings.

Your problem is the way that Outlook Express checks for new posts. I don't remember the details, but your not seeing your own posts is a result of how your news service caches it's posts and how it responds to Outlook Express' query to what the latest unread post is. I had to deal with this with my own ISP and it took a while for them to find the bug in their proxy software.

Reply to
Some One

Hi TOM, I'm having the same problem. I use Outlook Express and have "show all messages" on, but my replies are showing up as Re. With the amount of replies I've sent it looks like I'm running amok on this newsgroup! Yet occasionally they show up in the original thread. Weird huh?

Reply to
J. Lane