A few loonies me thinks

Same Loony

Posting from .RU aka Russia

Reply to
Bill who putters

Is your garden zone right?

Map shows S Jersey as 7.

As for the Loonies, I think about half of most ng participants are ;)

Reply to
Frank

-5 F last year 3/4/09 here. This year 5 F on 2/7/10. We are in a pocket of sorts. My zone based on my observations .

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

OK. I'm in more or less the same zone in northern Delaware and happened to look up thinking about the guy in Canada having trouble growing peppers. Have not noticed any difference here.

Loon you mentioned is more of a spammer. Website he mentions in Russia is one to keep out of.

Reply to
Frank

I live about 1-2- 3 to 6 miles from the heart of S Jersey truck farm paradise. Peppers were common along with tomatoes, string bean, lima melon etc.. About 20 years ago the soil at Ralph's a guy a worked with contacted a disease stunting green peppers and the crop never recovered. Produce just dried up still we had machine picked beans and tomatoes but along with sweets they went away too. Son's worked in factories and farms became housing. Any farming turned to soy and corn essentially at the same time. This from farms that took out for many nutrients years and relied on 5.10 etc. The soil is barren with houses about now. Water filtered due to high nitrates.

Sad in Rural S NJ. Still it was HARD work and the machine encouraged bigger not family farming.

Being Paranoid I think this video is of import. Trying to grow with shade adds a certain familiarity with this scenario .

Yea I know snow up to your ass but take a look anyway.

Bill Who picked a basket of string beans for .30 cents 50 years ago

Reply to
Bill who putters

Ya' didn't go far enough, Bill. Seems as if you may have a Monsanto shill lurking and injecting into the relevant subject.

Patooie!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

You got me inspired Charlie to place the theme song to mission impossible on. Loud.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

Sunstein in articles. Just never know who you can trust, eh, old trout? Does gummint take the lead from business or versie vicie?

Rhetorical, of course...we know who calls the shots. I'm ordering my last batch of OP seeds tonite, corn in particular for freeze storage, while I can still get varieties that aren't contaminated by monsatano.

Charlie, He-haw hallelujah, listening to Norman Blake's "The Democratic Donkey (Is In His Stall Again)"

Reply to
Charlie

I saved all your urls for study. AND thanks for the Music.

So how can we spot this folks that want us to behave ?

Here is a short list of items that you can add too.

  1. These folks usually lack wisdom which differs from knowledge by experience. 2. Most have never read anything unless it was assigned. 3. Foibles are a part of human nature but foibles plain stupid are just an attempt to relate to the common folk darkly. 4. The lack of experience with no history of intelligence. 5. Seem to favor a party line that is narrow. 6. No poetic resonance. 7. No soul 8. Empty with no warmth.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

Eh? Yes, I work for Monsanto, as an agronomist doing corn & soybean research. So? That qualifies me as a 'loony'?? I have worked for them for since 2008. Before that I was a Hort/Ag instructor for ~14 years, and was a pesticide applicator before that. So? I'm a "loony"?? What exactly did I post that qualifies me as a loony? I began posting to usenet over 12 years ago - and now I'm a loony because....why?

In the thread you reference, a question was asked about Roundup. I answered the questions that were asked. If I posted anything in error you are welcome to point it out.

I personally think ad hominem attacks are a little loony...

Reply to
troyc

You have a sad life. Perhaps it was the pesticide job? Worked for them for 2 years which is nothing.

I retract the Loony monicker you are an idiot.

Bill Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

You are welcome to your opinion. There's no reason to be so hateful, really. Bye.

Reply to
troyc

Not hateful just amazed that you have nothing of value for the commons just little lies. Sleep well.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

Cyberspace is cheap Donna look at the binaries going about.

The guy can work for who ever he wants. Just getting so easily caught in a few lies is not good and it makes Monsanto look bad. He either used their machines with their permission or not with their permission. Working for 2 years and posting on usenet is not a good idea. Seems he has two names too see original post. Posting on usenet for 14 years perhaps but he is listed as just a newbie with 90% of his posts in the month of Feb 2010. I killed filed him. See the goggle url.

Anyway I never pointed a finger at him it was straight up.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

He'd be pretty old - Capone died in 1947.

Reply to
kate

The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones;

- Willy

A hypothetical couched in conditional syntax, dear girl, nothing more, just a hypothetical.

Reply to
Wildbilly

You ask too much. But perhaps a glimpse of potential aha.

Poets try to convey in a similar manner. Literally so boring but fodder for clerks.

Bill done with the tread.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Even though you are officially done with this thread, I must comment on your short list........

....dividing the list in half, the first items might describe the sycophants that align themselves with the second half... the reptilian psycopaths...very dangerous the both and so unlike the majority of the people in this world, whom they hold in contempt and seek to keep in fear.

Charlie, Amethystium Isabliss playing in my head....and dreaming of tending the soil, lying under it's blanket of white

Reply to
Charlie

Whilst we agonize about the evils of monsatano et al., perhaps we should conflate that issue with this issue which is slipping in quietly under the radar, further robbing us of control over our food.

'Twas ever thus.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

pioneers. In 2000, it financed a consortium of 15 universities and research laboratories, Nanotek, to design "smart" and personalized food, food that might contain hundreds of nanocapsules, filled with different flavors, nutrients and colors. A microwave oven could activate, according to the wave frequency, such and such a capsule, according to the consumer's desire - a kind of interactive food that may even transform itself if a person is allergic to an ingredient or release a dose of nutritional supplement if it detects deficiencies. Kraft Foods, the designer of this project, owns the chocolate brands Milka, Cte dOr, Toblerone, Suchard, and coffee brands Carte Noir, GrandMre, Jacques Vabre and Maxwell. Imagine tomorrow, your pink-colored banana-flavored coffee that delivers your daily dose of vitamin C ... Or chocolate that releases carrot aromas as it treats your hangover. Terrific, no?

Reply to
Wildbilly