Making a path...

I'm looking to lay a path across my garden using a paving mould - the sort where you pour in concrete then lift the mould off when partly set. Should I put anything under the casting to act as a sort of foundation or do you reckon the concrete would be Ok cast straight onto mud?

Reply to
Rich

I've been laying paths and drives for many years and I'm afraid I have no idea what you are referring to.

Do you mean the patterned mats used by imprinted concrete tradesmen?

FWIW, you can lay concrete on anything provided it is solid, dry mud yes, wet mud no.

Reply to
Phil L

As long as it's a couple of inches thick, it should manage light foot traffic on mud. Much better to tamp a few inches of rubble underneath though, it greatly increases the strength & durability.

Reply to
Steve Walker