Subject Author Posted Replies

Soaker hose
I have these placed in beds all over the garden. Needed some for new areas. Went to OSH (local homeowners/garden place). Only hose they carry was so crappy, it split even before using. Tried Home...
24
24

Mixed marigold flowers on one plant?
I never was especially good in biology, but I am really curious about this. This summer I have a number of marigold plants that came up via self-seedin g from last year. The original plants last...

Black Oil
The birds I feed planted black oil sunflower seeds, they dropped down between the large pine bark nugget mulch where the birds couldn't retrieve them, so they sprouted... next year I will plant lots...

Plug for HEBE
I just LOVE this shrub! It is from New Zealand (I think). Sturdy, easy-care, grows fast. What's not to love? The one I have all over the garden is HEBE Wiri Blush. Lovely pink flowers. There are many...
5
5

white mold on my zukes
Hi All, Well, the accursed white mold is back this year on my zukes. (I took a leaf into the local organic farm in a zip lock and they identified it as white powder mold.) They local organic farm said...
3
3

Impatiens dying prematurely
They have been blooming all season in the shady parts of our garden. However, lately, they are slowly dying on us, despite normal watering care. Does anybody have any suggestions as to why this is...
2
2

Butterfly weed
We just purchased this plant this summer. We live in zone 5. Does this plant need to be cut back in either late winter or early spring? Thanks!
3
3

Tobacco Mosaic Virus on Petunias
While deciding not to use tobacco "juice" for an ultimate bombing run against the stink bugs that are giving my cowpeas and okra such hard times this year, I came across this item about tobacco mosaic...

Green hydrangeas
My blue hydrangeas have been turning green as the season goes on. How do you fix that? I finally have a good spot (shady) and good year for them (plentiful rainfall) and now green flowers. Jeff
3
3

Pear Tree/Montana Clematis
My Montana Clematis has started growing into my Pear tree winding it's self around the branches. Can anyone tell me as to whether this will damage or harm the tree ?
3
3

Dwart Washington Navel orange - biennial?
Last year my beloved little tree finally bore TWELVE heavenly oranges - taste out of this world! This year it has only TWO! Gardener thinks it's one year on, one year off. But does he *know?* Any...
13
13

can anyone identify this plant growing in the garden?
It is about two feet tall, lots of insects just love it. But I don't recall seeing this plant before in this area. Anyone know what it might be? Thanks...
2
2

What trees to plant ?
Hi, I'm new to this site as well as pretty new to gardening. Been spending a lot of time in my garden this Summer and I want to plant a tree, or even trees at the bottom of my garden as we're...
12
12

Can anyone help identify this
Hi This has come up in our garden can anyone help and tell us what it is the only seed planted in this area was a blackberry but nothing came of it and I dont hhink this is it, many thanks...

White colour appears on the pot
This plant grows quite well, but why the white colour appears on the pot? How to remove it? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...
7
7