Impatiens dying prematurely

They have been blooming all season in the shady parts of our garden. However, lately, they are slowly dying on us, despite normal watering care. Does anybody have any suggestions as to why this is happening? We have not had any cold nights as yet in S. Ontario, and the weather continues to be good. Thanks!

Reply to
BeTu

had any cold

Here in SE Michigan, I've had to give up on Impatiens walleriana, due to the spread of Impatiens downy mildew.

Read it and weep:

Where I would used Impatiens last year, I substituted Polkadot plant (Hypoestes phyllostachys) and was very happy:

Pat Kiewicz

Thanks Pat....very informative...I will be removing all the plants promptly, and consider different species next year!....regards, Ben

Reply to
BeTu