Watering and cutting advice

I have a garden that runs east-west and the house creates shade. from around 0930-1200 it goes from full shade to fully covered in sun. then for the next 5 hours stays like that and then the sun goes down.
I have been treating it as a shady lawn and getting an appropriate grass seed mix for reseeding. I have recently reseeded grass is growing very well but the existing grass is not growing much. When it was germinating was watering twice a day but now watering every other day. There is some moss and it needs feeding so I have just ordered some MO Bacter Organic Lawn Fertiliser.
I seem to be getting there but have a few questions.
1) Is it correct to treat it as a shady lawn or am I using the wrong grass mix?
2) How long should I cut it? Currently, I am setting mover to 60mm but thinking 40 or 50 may be more appropriate. I'm currently mowing once a week (ish, sometimes a bit more frequently, sometimes a bit less).
3) in this weather is watering every other day about right.
Thanks in advance, Ben
--
funkytwig