Tree stump

How can I flatten a palm tree stump to ground level? We cut it with a chain saw but the stump protrudes above the ground by 6 to 8 inches

Reply to
Lynn D

make sure anything nearby is marked by Miss Dig and then rent or hire someone to grind it about a foot down below the ground.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

That's the $200 solution. Or just cut it as short as practical and wait for it to rot. Drilling some holes in it to catch and hold water will help it rot quicker. Mostly depends on where it is and how noticeable. I have a stump I took the rotting approach with that's off to the side, not so noticeable.

Reply to
trader4

They also have some miracle products that are supposed to work, never tried them. Some I think use potassium nitrate or similar to saturate it, then you burn it out. Call me skeptical, but the OP could google about it.

Reply to
trader4

Not familiar with palm trees but if stumps are in area which detracts from property appearance I have them ground to the ground level. My tree cutter charges extra but it is not too much. You can also rent the grinding machine. Otherwise they will eventually rot out. Palm looks pretty porous in the center and drilling holes and adding fertilizer will accelerate rotting. If safe you can drill holes, add nitrates and burn. We've had termites in the area and they do a job on them. After I saw what they did on pine stumps and roots running almost to my house, I had perimeter treated even though I never had termites.

Reply to
Frank