Subject Author Posted Replies

Bugs
Last year I tried to go without any insecticides in my garden. Me and my son did slug hunts at night, I spread diatomaceous earth for bugs (especially squash bugs), and sprayed with neem when my...
20
20

flowering & fruit trees
howdy everyone! we are thinking about trying to re-do our front yard. right now, it's kinda on the hideous side. having trouble getting the grasses to grow. yard's too sandy or something. no problem...
7
7

Lombardy or Nor'easter Poplar?
I am one of those people that can build things but never seem to have any luck growing things, so I need some expert help here. The new neighbors next door (adjoining 5-acre plots) recently built...
17
17

Plz identify this plant/weed (I think it's tomatillo)
Last year I had some tomatillos planted in the center of a tomato/pepper patch, and I planted them so close together I could not get to the tomatillos. I didn't harvest any from them, and I'm guessing...
16
16

Is this a cactus?
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/gina94102/06-05-07_2211-1.jpghttp://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/gina94102/06-05-07_2210-1.jpg
6
6

new homeowner with lots of clover flowers
I've been reading that clover is beneficial to a lawn and I should be happy to have it but it's taking over many of the grass areas of my lawn. My question - will the flowers eventually go away...
8
8

Another interesting article
The box stores should worry. People want to eat locally. Here's an article from Advertising Age, of all places. One neat way to tell Big Oil to kiss off is to refuse to buy food that has to be...
5
5

ONLINE Garden layout designers?
A couple of years ago I was aware of a website that let you design a garden layout online for free. What was nice about this site was that you could give it specifics about your space, available sun,...

greetings - i'm a newbie :)
howdy folks, just came across this group and looking to meet & share ideas with like minded landscaping folk. i just moved from a condo out to the burbs and have a nice sized lot to cultivate. i work...
1
1

Spots on leaves and droopiness
My tomato and pepper plants have spots on the leaves and I'd like to know what to do. I planted these on May 24 in containers and set them on my deck. I sprayed them on May 28 with a spray that...

Tree problem?
Howdy all, got a small problem here. Seems that my sugar maple (?) has a dead/dying branch/trunk. This south facing branch has broken and dried bark. The upper off shoots and leaves are almost non...
3
3

Can't Even Grow Their Own Food Now... Biofuel Ain't Savin' Anybody
Keep on Happy Motoring!! Now people are fueling with the blood of "peasants" Feh Who Cares, it seems Charlie -------------------------- and Paramilitary Land Seizures Behind the Biofuel Revolution by...
3
3

Getting rid of the grass and putting in draught resistant plants
Hi all, I'd like to remove the grass from the strip between our sidewalk and the street and replace it with a series of draught resistant plants. The new townhouses across the street have this...
13
13

Help! Tall Tomatoes needed UK only reply
Help! I have just joined and I am not sure if you are in the UK or not but I am and I urgently need some very tall fruiting Tomatoes, 5-6ft (possibly grown hydroponically). To be used in a Show Garden...
2
2

Bang Bang Bang... Don't Like GM Foods? Too Bad
1 Jun 2007 12:11:51 +0100 From: Sanders Research Associates Subject: SRA: The Heron's Latest Catch: US House May Prevent States from Protecting Food Supply The Heron's Latest Catch US House May...