Subject Author Posted Replies

Landscaping Question
Greetings all, I live in Zone 5 (Catskills Region of New York State). I'd like to plant 4 to 6 10 to 14 foot spruce trees on my sdie lawn for screening. The side lawn gets plenty of sun. Will trees of...
14
14

In Defense of Food: Author, Journalist Michael Pollan on Nutrition, Food Science and the American Diet
February 13, 2008 In Defense of Food: Author, Journalist Michael Pollan on Nutrition, Food Science and the American Diet Acclaimed author and journalist Michael Pollan argues that what most Americans...
20
20

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Cotton
I appreciate your website. Very informative. I am going to try to make some of the sausages and Sauer Kraut. I have actually been thinking about looking up Sauer Kraut lately anyways. You and your...
3
3

help with science fair project please
my 7 year old is doing a science fair project on capillary action. he's doing the usual dye a celery & a white flower thing, but he's also trying to grow seedlings in different colors. he's using...
7
7

Climbing 'Chrysler Imperial' Rose
While 'Chrysler Imperial' is still available as a bush, it appears that commercial growers no longer provide this as a climber. Are there any rose hobbyists out there who have this as a climber and...

Tree Repotting! Help!!!
I have just been given a twisted/corkscrew hazel tree, and i really love it, but the pot is clearly far too small for it. i wanted to repot it but im really worried about damaging it or doing...
5
5

Colorful Shrub???
I'm looking for a shrub for the middle of the lawn to replace a young Japanese Maple that a late frost killed. The ideal would: (1) Be suitable for the borderline of Zones 6 and 7. (2) Be as colorful...
6
6

Dwarf Lilac Decision
I am getting ready to order a dwarf lilac (has to be dwarf because it cannot be allowed to block a window). Since I already have a dwarf lilac "Miss Kim", I thought I'd go with a native lilac. Until a...

Garden Shed for my back garden
Alright guys. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap garden shed online! Iv seen which is pretty cheap and but nothing cheaper! Any ideas would be greatful? Thanks guys, Jack
3
3

Just a little chat to assure those who wonder.......
just a little chat to assure those who wonder if I'm still out here, that, yes, I'm still here in faerie holler. It's sad for me, though. the bulbs come up from frantically dug beds, and in times of...
3
3

Herbicides/weed killers - active ingredients? Effectiveness?
16
16

Help with Dragon Tree houseplant please
Hi, I've have a dragon tree houseplant for about 10 years now but I decided to repot it about two weeks ago. Since then it appears to have developed some yellow mottling on the upper sides of the leaf...
4
4

Maintaining Echinacea
I tried growing Echinacea in my patio area and they seemed to take off quite nicely, but knowing nothing about them, I left them alone to do their own thing. I read somewhere about deadheading them,...
10
10

Please help with Jasmine!
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I just have a quick question if anyone can answer it! I'm new to pretty much all aspects of gardening, but I'm very keen, so much so that a shop near where i work...
5
5

Tree roots in drain pipes - persistent problem?
20
20