Garden Shed for my back garden

Alright guys. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap garden shed online! Iv seen

which is pretty cheap and
but nothing cheaper!

Any ideas would be greatful?

Thanks guys, Jack

Reply to
arjack

shedonline! Iv seen

which is pretty cheapand
but nothing cheaper!

Just don't get one of those plastic sheds no matter what. Get something you can plant around so its presence on your property is as much a landscaping treat as the gardens themselves, rather than a blight. If you need only a small shed, one that looks like a rustic outhouse (or once was an outhouse) would be fun and really good looking. For a shed a bit bigger than that but which looks like a miniature barn, look at amish hen houses/chicken coops, a standard product that you can get without the nestboxes by asking. These look just so sweet in a yard, but have house-doors on them and if you need a wider door it won't do. In that case check out "kits" for Victorian garden sheds. Get one with a little porch and after you garden around your shed you'll find yourself sitting on the porch as if it's home. Place it so you can later add on a miniature "car port" to park a mower or just to do some potting or other work on a rainy day. The cheapest sheds tend not to have siding but if they're at least good solid wood with attractive design, you can later add inexpensive shingles and transform it into a worthy landscape feature.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

Are you handy with tools? Summerwood.com will sell you plans for a variety of sheds and outbuildings. With a bit of work you can assemble a lumber and hardware list from that and build it yourself. It's not that difficult if you have a bit of experience with carpentry. I put one of their 8x6 Palmerstons together by myself and it turned out pretty nicely.

They also sell kits that have all the lumber and hardware and further they sell pre made kits that have the walls framed and sided for you.

I wouldn't really recommend the kit form, the price they get for putting together the cut list and cutting the lumber for you isn't really worth it if you know what you are doing. I'm sure you can get all the materials you need locally.

There are a couple of places it would be nice to have a helper but with some ingenuity and clamps you can build one of these safely by yourself.

Of course you can always take your plans to a handyman kind of person, depending on the laws in your state I suppose, and have them put it together.

good luck ml

Reply to
kzin

In general, sheds are overpriced and underengineered. If you DIY at all, you can make your own. Usually, if it does not have a foundation, it does not require a permit. Four poles, some framing, some tin roofing from the Borg, and you have a nice shed. I don't like the prebuilt ones because they are too watertight, and then condensation causes everything inside to rust and mold. Then there are all the spiders and critters. With a loosely constructed building, there is air flow enough to keep things drier, and yet enough coverage to keep things out of the weather. I don't like the sheds either because there is NO room inside once you put all your "stuff" in there. With a lean to, or an open sided roofed structure, you have room for a table to work on, storage for hanging on the walls, etc. Make a floor out of those nice pavers. Doesn't have to be really fancy or weather tight.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB