Subject Author Posted Replies

Cognitive celery and peppers - LONG
With apologies for length, here is information that might interest anyone concerned about "cognitive deficits" for themselves or loved ones. Persephone +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Plant...
16
16

wood ashes on peony
I heard that wood ashes can be used as a fertilizer on peonies. Has anyone tried this? My neighbors tree drops small sticks into my yard every time the wind blows so I bought one of those yard...
2
2

BUG KILLING MY VEGGIES
I've got some sort of bad insects chewing up my vegetable garden. I have 6 raised beds. 1 bed has tomatos. 2 bed has peppers, and some butterfly weed. 3 bed has some recently emerged squash plants. 4...
8
8

Where can I find mowers that can mow taller?
I'm looking to buy a self-propelled mulcher mower that can be set to cut the grass much higher than regular mowers, like maybe 4-5" tall? Who makes something decent in that?
3
3

Help please!! weed and feed disaster!
bessoby wrote in news: Black sounds like the weed killer did the damage. If it was the fertilizer portion, the grass would be brown and crispy. You'll have to wait for the weed killer to decompose....
2
2

“Alien” slime mold invades mulch!
QUESTION: =93A couple of mornings ago, I noticed a strange yellow clump of something had appeared, apparently overnight, in one of our flower beds. It was a bright, almost neon, yellow and very moist...

Re-landscape house
I know it's a horribly general question with a huge range of answers, but what is the range of costs one might expect to relandscape an average house in Los Angeles? I guess it would include a...

Question! How do I kill some unwanted grass?
Im putting decking in my garden and wish to kill off a section of the grass rather than digging it all up! Does any1 have any tried and tested ways to Kill grass so it wont grow back?
9
9

Request: ID papaya variety
On a recent trip, I saw a papaya variety that made large fruits, but the plant itself is what I'd call 'dwarf'- the full size fruit were about 5-6 feet off the ground, and the whole plant was maybe 8...
2
2

Replace engine on a BCS rototiller review
I have had a BCS rototiller for about 10 years now. I bought it used and it was about 15+ years old when I purchased it. It had an ACME 8hp Italian engine when I bought it (Wind the rope around the...
1
1

Return of the "Victory Garden" !!
Return of the "Victory Garden"? Viva la Revolución Jardín Charlie, smellin' the roses for now...
1
1

Plastic under stones
I just had a horrible mess of weeds dug up on the roses path against the S. wall of the house. Did half myself and had gardener do the rest*. REALLY tenacious deep-rooted grass. This path leads into a...
2
2

Need recommendations for a weed-puller
Please recommend a weed-puller for stand up use by a person who has back problems so can't work in bending posture. I looked at Amazon and various brands had their fans. We can afford to pay any...
14
14

Peach leaf curl, continued
Alas, my peach trees all have severe peach leaf curl already. I sprayed with a copper fungicide a few times, but it does not seem to have helped. Has anyone been through this and have any practicle...
3
3

Privet Hedges
Hi Everyone. I just got 30 privet hedges delivered to my home yesterday and am ready to plant them as a screen around my patio. Quick questions for the group regarding planting them: 1) Should I amend...