Request: ID papaya variety

On a recent trip, I saw a papaya variety that made large fruits, but the plant itself is what I'd call 'dwarf'- the full size fruit were about 5-6 feet off the ground, and the whole plant was maybe 8 feet tall. The papaya I'm used to grow 30+ feet tall, making it harder to harvest the fruit.

Does anyone know what variety fits my description? I hope to find some seeds to give it a try...

Thanks! Keith

Reply to
ker_01

There are quite a few dwarf papaya. It could be Carica papaya (IIRC you'll need a pollinator). Or, it could be C. heilbornii (hardier, but you'll need a cutting rather than a seed).

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Reply to
dr-solo